Make changes based on how much data app uses?

Jane B.

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out if I want to make any changes for my cell phone. I cannot use a voice phone and have tried using “Wireless CapTel by Sprint” Wireless CapTel by Sprint | Sprint800. This app just needs a phone with the Android OS at 2.2 or higher and at least 3G service. I have done little more than try it and found it did work on a phone that uses the Verizon network.

Being very intermittent user of cell service I currently have a Droid 2 activated on the Standard Plan with PagePlus. I have also picked up a T-Mobile G-1 and will be trying it with their prepaid $3 a day on days used plan. Not sure how good T-Mobile will be where I am (they are relatively new with Verizon being the dominant provider in the area) but map looks like it is worth trying.

So far, I have just turned the Droid 2 on when I wanted to make a call but have gotten to wondering how much data is consumed just with the phone on and this Wireless CapTel by Sprint app active? That way I would not have to wait for the phone to boot when I decided to make a call and I might give out number to also receive calls.

Back