Mafia Wars?

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
Any of you ever play Mafia Wars on Facebook?

Never played the game - I don't know how to play it. :lol: I kept getting many of the requests in Facebook.

Never played the game - I don't know how to play it. :lol: I kept getting many of the requests in Facebook.
It's a RPG game where you don't actually do physical action... just choices.

Your character is defined by attack, defense, health, energy, stamina, and experience. You also make money too.

To gain experience, you fight other people or do jobs.

Fighting other people require stamina and can lower your health if you get hurt.

Doing jobs doesn't hurt you or use any stamina... but requires energy.

As you do jobs, you earn rankings from normal to skilled to master for each category.

You can also ask friends to join your mafia. The more you have in your mafia, the stronger your mafia becomes. There is no limit to how many you can have in your mafia, but only up to 501 can be used in fights.

You can buy property, which will earn you more money on an hourly basis.

It's all about strategy, planning, and thinking. :)

This reminds me of the Drugwars game that got ported to the TI82, 83 and above calculators. Old times!

Is this all text based? Some pictures and graphics?

yeah, then it turned to be dopewars for PC, that was FUN as hell, i made a few millions LOL

I have been trying this for the past few days now, and dang I'm hooked!

I'm level 15 and trying to secure my properties. I tend to turtle it up and go for defense and let the people attack me rather than attack others.

It seems like 501 mafia members is the best way you could get strong, because buying Mafia Mikes would grant you quick cash really fast in the early levels.

But I have no idea how to get 501 mafia members. Like less than 1/5th of my FB plays mafia wars, and even less than those are actually playing.

How do you get more members?

This is my current stats at level 15..
Attack: 18
Defense: 50
Health: 102
Energy: 40
Stamina: 5

I'm too lazy to list out of the rest of my equip.. but I think it's not strong. I probably lose like 1/5 fights I get attacked. Any tips?
Edit: also, my income/expenses are (Income: $98,950, Upkeep: -$15,230) if that is good or bad?

I have been trying this for the past few days now, and dang I'm hooked!

I'm level 15 and trying to secure my properties. I tend to turtle it up and go for defense and let the people attack me rather than attack others.

It seems like 501 mafia members is the best way you could get strong, because buying Mafia Mikes would grant you quick cash really fast in the early levels.

But I have no idea how to get 501 mafia members. Like less than 1/5th of my FB plays mafia wars, and even less than those are actually playing.

How do you get more members?

This is my current stats at level 15..
Attack: 18
Defense: 50
Health: 102
Energy: 40
Stamina: 5

I'm too lazy to list out of the rest of my equip.. but I think it's not strong. I probably lose like 1/5 fights I get attacked. Any tips?
Edit: also, my income/expenses are (Income: $98,950, Upkeep: -$15,230) if that is good or bad?
You have to be friends with someone in order for them to join your mafia, but you can remove them once they're part of your mafia.

Facebook only allows a maximum of 5,000 friends per profile.

Some people have over 10,000 members in their mafia family, but only have 200 friends in their Facebook profile.

In order for you to help other mafia members with their jobs, you have to be friends with them.

So, when you become friends with someone... leave them on your list for a few days to see how they do. If they're very active, keep them as your friend. If they're not active, remove them as your friend.

If it's privacy issues you're concerned about with your Facebook profile, you can also control that too. Create a folder called "Mafia Wars" and put all your mafia friends in that folder. Then go to your privacy settings and say that only your friends can see your full profile, then MINUS the Mafia Wars folder. That means, everyone who is in the Mafia Wars folder cannot see your full profile. Be sure to allow them to see your wall though. That's the only way they can see what's going on with you when you post updates on your wall. :)

I played on Mob Wars but I haven't played much with Mafia Wars.
I've heard of Mob Wars.

A lot of my friends prefer Mafia Wars over Mob Wars.

Zynga recently won an award for Mafia Wars.

Yes!

I've been selected as a beta tester for their new expansion... Mafia Wars: Cuba.

It's a whole new experience.

Mafia Wars is based in New York and Mafia Wars: Cuba is based in Cuba (obviously).

Here's the difference between the two...

New York
- You buy properties. You get paid every hour for the properties you own.

Cuba
- You take over businesses. You get shipments every 3 hours, which can then be sold for cash.

New York
- American cash used for purchases.

Cuba
- Cuban cash used for purchases.

New York
- Jobs start at Level 1.

Cuba
- Jobs start at Level 35.

New York
- Some items have upkeep fees. The total upkeep costs are subtracted from your hourly pay.

Cuba
- Some items have bribery fees. The total bribery costs vary on how what and how many you use during jobs. (I'm not sure about fights.)

New York & Cuba
- Top Cuban or American items are used in fights.

I've been selected too. Looks cool but haven't tried it yet. :)

Here are some of the new loots if you guys are interested in seeing them.

They won't work on NY citizens until the beta is over but they will show up in your profile page.. So you're basically keeping them and they only are supposed to be working on other Cuban players. Don't trade any Cuban loot over to another account.. apparently someone said they lost it mid trade and the other party never got it. Good thing I didn't try that!

Some of the new loot blows away NY loot by a mile :eek:!

weapons1.png

weapons2.png

armor.png

vehicles1.png

vehicles2.png

If you want to see the job spoilers and requirements: mafia-wars.org • View topic - SPOILER: CUBA Loot and Rewards

Here are some of the new loots if you guys are interested in seeing them.

They won't work on NY citizens until the beta is over but they will show up in your profile page.. So you're basically keeping them and they only are supposed to be working on other Cuban players. Don't trade any Cuban loot over to another account.. apparently someone said they lost it mid trade and the other party never got it. Good thing I didn't try that!

Some of the new loot blows away NY loot by a mile :eek:!

If you want to see the job spoilers and requirements: mafia-wars.org • View topic - SPOILER: CUBA Loot and Rewards
That's one thing I'm looking forward to.

However, there are a few things that definitely needs improvement.

First of all, the job payout is extremely low for the first tier while the energy cost is extremely high. Also, the stuff needed for jobs are too expensive and demanding. The first job doesn't require anything. The rest require something... often too much. I had to do the first job (even though I completed it 100%) repeatedly to get enough money to buy some weapons for the second job. I did the same thing in order to make enough money for the third job. *groans*

The other thing is the regeneration timer for energy and stamina. A couple of job tiers reward you things that improve those regeneration timers. One will give you a 30-second reduction to the timer. Another will double the energy given per regeneration cycle. Unfortunately, it doesn't apply to Cuba.

For instance, I am getting 4 minutes 30 seconds to regenerate 1 energy point while in New York. If I fly to Cuba and stay there, then the energy will regenerate every 5 minutes instead of 4 minutes 30 seconds. Some other people are not getting double energy points while in Cuba.

So, the best advice for this problem would be to fly back to New York before signing off from Facebook in order to maintain the regeneration benefits you want.

The third problem is the businesses feature. You get a shipment of crates every 3 hours, in which you can sell for profit. Unfortunately, you have to be signed on and sitting in Cuba in order for the 3-hour cycles to repeat. If you sign on and check your businesses, you'll see the timer counting down. Now, sign off from Facebook. Come back 5 hours later. You'll see that you received your shipment, but the timer just started at 3 hours again. That's one glitch they're trying to fix right now... so that you can sign off and it still continues to receive shipments for you while you're signed off. Right now, when the 3-hour timer reaches 0... you will receive your shipment, but the timer will remain at 0 until you sign back on into Cuba before it resets at 3 hours. :(

Damn! You got the Boss mastery item already? I'm about to hit 70 within the next few minutes.

Have you been doing Cuban stuff or are you sticking to NY? Cuba seems mainly to be attracting to high level boss players or beyond.

When Cuba came out I was around 60ish, but I had literally like barely enough energy to do anything. I mastered the first job, bought one of the locals and then shook my head at the rest of the energy requirements.

The payouts all seem high though. I have a 11% wheelman luckily, so all the EXP/Energy ratio is 1.6 or higher per cuban job, which seems good.

Were you able to get any of the loot drops so far? How's the drop rate feel like for it and which?

The guy who made the screenshot of all that.. actually has those all already.. he's like level 1000+ or something, jeez.

I have heard if you have money problems, if you can "seek" around for Cuban titles like El Solidado / Principle or whatever, chances are they are in Cuba.

If you fight someone in Cuba, you will earn Cuban currency, although not much. Someone won some fights on my list, but I earned $0 Cuban, bah!

Damn! You got the Boss mastery item already? I'm about to hit 70 within the next few minutes.

Have you been doing Cuban stuff or are you sticking to NY? Cuba seems mainly to be attracting to high level boss players or beyond.

When Cuba came out I was around 60ish, but I had literally like barely enough energy to do anything. I mastered the first job, bought one of the locals and then shook my head at the rest of the energy requirements.

The payouts all seem high though. I have a 11% wheelman luckily, so all the EXP/Energy ratio is 1.6 or higher per cuban job, which seems good.

Were you able to get any of the loot drops so far? How's the drop rate feel like for it and which?

The guy who made the screenshot of all that.. actually has those all already.. he's like level 1000+ or something, jeez.

I have heard if you have money problems, if you can "seek" around for Cuban titles like El Solidado / Principle or whatever, chances are they are in Cuba.

If you fight someone in Cuba, you will earn Cuban currency, although not much. Someone won some fights on my list, but I earned $0 Cuban, bah!
Not exactly.

I mastered the Consigliere Tier. That awarded me with the Helicopter. That is what gave me the 30-second reduction to my energy regeneration timer.

When I master the Boss Tier, I will be awarded with the Golden Throne, which gives me double energy per energy regeneration cycle.

I'm almost done with the Underboss Tier. Completing the Boss Tier is gonna take me 10 times longer than the Underboss Tier to complete since each job gives you 3%, 2%, then 1% completion each time. *groans*

I've already taken over the tobacco business in Cuba. Once I did that, I switched back to New York to focus on my jobs so that my Cuban business can earn me enough money to start buying stuff for my jobs. ;)

As for Cuban jobs, the odds of getting money is extremely low. Since players don't make money hourly, you can't attack them and get money when they're not signed online. They only make money by selling crates from their businesses. So, every 3 hours... they get shipments... but don't sell until they get back online. ;)

Doh!
Boss is totally a pain.

I was deciding on either mastering Consigliere or Underboss on my way to 100, and did some calculations.

I did some quick calculations and saw that with -30 sec regen, in 3 hours I would get 40 energy regenerated as opposed to 36 from being a mogul without the bonus.
So in a day or 24 hours, I would have +32 extra energy to use provided that I don't waste any energy that gets overlapped, which most likely isn't gonna happen in a non-perfect world.

But the Underboss job, I was told that is much more frustrating than boss, and it would be better to skip the mastery until Boss was finished. Even though +5% exp would typically mean around ~100xp/day highly dependent on your energy level, the higher, the more exp.

I wish I could use points to choose a Maniac. -2 mins per energy regeneration adds up over time.

I wish I knew this when I started, now I'm so far in I dont' feel like starting back.
I made a farmer account a few weeks after I started that was a maniac, and its steamrolling the exp like cake, catching up to my main easily.

One problem though... there's a possibility that the award given may not work.

I've read about some people doing the Boss Tier before the Underboss Tier and it screwed up the tiers so that they did 100% of everything, but it didn't say "Congratulations for Completing 100%".

I could be wrong, but I'm fine with doing it the way I did. :)

Yup, I read it may have not worked for some people. Especially in Cuba, it's confirmed that Golden Throne doesn't seem to be working for some.

For me, it's otherwise in NY. I only have a Master Hitman as the only Mastery title and the only job mastery item I have is the Chainsaw Bayonet.

I don't have Street Thug - Enforcer mastered at 3 for any of them. I actually discovered that I got the Bayonet by mistake when I was a newbie, and that was still at Hitman era.

Then when I went to read on MW strategies, I learned that this is what some people did for Boss - skip Capo, Underboss completely; although Consigliere is generally ok-able.

Once you hit the boss, finish that for Golden Throne for the 2x regen, then slide back down and finish the rest that were skipped. In the underboss job, that 1% mastery @lv3 for the Untraceable Cell Phone is insane, since you aren't even guaranteed an UCP each time you do "Rob the electronics store".

I attacked you on Mister Bean earlier, if you were wondering who the heck that was. ;) It is my test pack rat, where I'm conducting experiments on.
If you're interested in seeing your defense items being used, I can post them for you.

This my current setup, just fresh in level 70:

Defense:
Mafia of 265 fought with 4 AR-15 Assault Rifles, a Bookie's Holdout Pistol, 57 RPG Launchers, 6 Harpoon Guns, a Tire Iron, 140 Chain Guns, 41 .50 Caliber Rifles, 5 Grenade Launchers, 10 Tommy Guns, 59 Bodyguards, 60 Night Vision Goggles, 146 Body Armors, 3 Humvees, 7 Uncle Motts' Cargo Trucks, 5 Porsche 911s, 59 Indy Racers, 48 Armored Cars, 4 Luxury Yachts, 82 Town Cars, a SWAT Van, 24 Prop planes, and 32 Armored Trucks.

Attack:
Mafia of 265 fought in New York with 4 AR-15 Assault Rifles, 45 Napalms, a Bookie's Holdout Pistol, 57 RPG Launchers, 6 Harpoon Guns, a Tire Iron, 110 Chain Guns, 41 .50 Caliber Rifles, 58 Bodyguards, 57 Night Vision Goggles, 150 Body Armors, 3 Humvees, 7 Uncle Motts' Cargo Trucks, 5 Porsche 911s, 24 Harley Davidson "Fat Boy" Motorcycles, 59 Indy Racers, 48 Armored Cars, 82 Town Cars, 4 Luxury Yachts, a SWAT Van, 12 Getaway Cruisers, and 20 Prop planes.

I need to work on getting more vehicles, especially Town Cars. But I just have the bare minimum to turn in for the 1 billion $ achievement. Apparently Zynga's achievement system is broken as of the 4th, so if you're doing the "T" achievement or Nest egg, I should say hold it off for now.. I lost around -$300 million before I learned that Zynga is having problems.

Luckily, I finished all the collections just before this bug came out!

Back