Mac OS X Lion

Yes, I can't wait to get updated iOS 5 for my MacBook Pro.

Keep in mind that you will be only able to download it through Mac Apps, it won't be available on disc.

Ugh, I rather get an upgrade from a physical DVD rather than downloading it over the net. I think it might be possible to burn it on a DVD-R disc so can re install over again.

Ugh, I rather get an upgrade from a physical DVD rather than downloading it over the net. I think it might be possible to burn it on a DVD-R disc so can re install over again.

You can create a image file from your partition to flash usb or EHDD or dvd. It's better and quick than reinstall and reinstall apps.

You can create a image file from your partition to flash usb or EHDD or dvd. It's better and quick than reinstall and reinstall apps.

As long nothing is corrupted and I can create a image file of the whole hard drive to a external device then it's good to go. I don't have anything big enough to do that right now, sadly.

As long nothing is corrupted and I can create a image file of the whole hard drive to a external device then it's good to go. I don't have anything big enough to do that right now, sadly.

You can do on dvd blank and it's afford.

I wonder if this would be possible since it will be installed through App Store. I'm sure there would be a way, but how?

The good news is, it'll be only 4GB. Yes, I know it's a big file, but still...

Install OS X Lion From A USB Drive | Maciverse

Here a link and it's better explain than me. You can do it and it's pretty simple than Windows.

Thanks.
Fortunately, it does not appear that Apple has limited our ability to create our own installation media. In fact, it is still very easy to create a USB installation disk for OS X Lion. Below you will find the steps I used to install the developers preview of OS X Lion via a USB disk.

That's good to know.

Bummer about no disc to upgrade Snow Leopard to OS X Lion... that's gonna chew up my internet data as I'm still on old grandfathered 15 gb plan rather than upgrading to newer 100 gb plan.

Back