Mac G5 Fastest???

Ouch... it seems that Macs got :Owned: again! Macs will never be superior in speed. :fu:

sadly, you can't afford Polywell Polystation Two. It's thousand dollars more than G5.

So, people claim that Apple products is expensive? Wrong!

illustrator said:
sadly, you can't afford Polywell Polystation Two. It's thousand dollars more than G5.

So, people claim that Apple products is expensive? Wrong!
Okay, how much is a brand new G5 desktop computer?

I do have to say that my mom's 500mhz iMac is faster than the 750mhz PC we used to have. Megahertz aren't everything. Also, the Mac is far more stable...we have a lot less problems with it. There are four of us using it...there isn't much time in the day when SOMEONE isn't on the computer, and by now, Windows would be crashing left and right. But Mac OS X can handle it, and we don't have any problems. There are plenty of benefits for Macs.

pbpara said:
I do have to say that my mom's 500mhz iMac is faster than the 750mhz PC we used to have. Megahertz aren't everything. Also, the Mac is far more stable...we have a lot less problems with it. There are four of us using it...there isn't much time in the day when SOMEONE isn't on the computer, and by now, Windows would be crashing left and right. But Mac OS X can handle it, and we don't have any problems. There are plenty of benefits for Macs.
You are right but I think you need to go to that link I just posted again. They didn't stated regarding MHZ or GHZ. They revealed the score based on HOW fast they run on several different programs.

This issue has been rehashed in other places, like Slashdot but to repeat whats already been said:
Word as benchmark= joke. a WORD PROCESSOR? from the same company that makes the PC OS?
Premiere as benchmark = plain stupid. Premiere has been basically canceled as a Mac app, mainly because it has been completely trounced by Final Cut.
Photoshop = optimized in a couple of days for the G5, (ie, quick hack), G5 still wins.
interestingly, they swapped in an Opteron system in this test, without mentioning the cost. it costs roughly 2k more than the G5.
Quake3 = highly optimized for PC code, ported in a WEEK to mac os X. (read as bad thing to benchmark when code is completely unequal)
Quicktime = retarded test. its just a wrapper for codecs. without saying which codec they use, theres no point in comparing anything.

lies, damn lies, and statistics.
in other words, these completely unscientific benchmarks are misleading. While you can argue about the speed of the G5, its best to go elsewhere for facts.

why Quark3? Mac isn't mean for video game.

And I would like to compare between Premire and Final Cut Pro :)

I've seen g5, it looks fast to me.. i even tried it out in the store near here.. seems cool to me. I have G4, so its good enuff for me :)

If you think the G5 is fast now, wait a month or two. According to some rumors, models up to 2.6 GHZ should be released soon. (2.2, 2.4, and 2.6 GHZ models were mentioned).
http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/12/20031204180906.shtml

Steve Jobs has also promised a 3 GHZ model by this summer.

For those keeping score, Intel is claiming to be able to hit 4 GHZ sometime next year with their 32-bit Pentiums.
AMD actually shares tech with IBM, so the IBM 'G5' and AMD's Opteron chip should be keeping roughly equal pace.

Back