Lying in a relationship/friendship?

you tell on bullshit because he fool you! I am not trust, I give you bullshit & lying I am serious! I don't trust to someone is lie fool about to you!! they give you hurt reason serious! I give relationship is very shame fool!

Laughing, Oh come on my friend...Take a seat and hold on, here goes..

A Lie, is a known false statement purposely put forward as the truth, it is meant to deceive or give a wrong impression...

A Different perspective, is a subjective evaluation of possible, relative signifigance presented as a point of view, not necessarily the truth.

I know you are "very cool" and are fluent in the "words of the hood"
so if you need me to break this down further for you, it would be my pleasure.
laughing...Peace to you always..your friend..Midnight..♥♥ :cool2:
:) Thank you.

I posed this question for the purpose of this discussion--just so people would be clear on what the differences are. You've defined it wonderfully and I couldn't improve upon your definition. ☺

I can't stand a white lie. In my experience, telling the truth is best because people are so shocked by my truth that they they get a kick out of it. The people close to me know to come to me with certain questions because I won't tell them what they want to here. Now if it's a horrible hair style, I'd say " I kind of like the style you had before." From that they understand I'm not feeling the current hair style. If they still aren't sure, I'd say in a nice way, " I just don't like."

When it comes to dating, I want the entire truth because I know if it's not said at the beginning, it would probably be felt, or said, later along down the lines. I like to know every nitty gritty. I like to get to the core of the person, because I know life isn't about cotton candy and puppies. The truth hurts sometimes, but it's just better to be known imho.

When I was a little girl I use to tell my mother "not to worry as my other mother will be here" I kept hoping there would someone be stop the abused I was getting from dad. My mother asked when she was dying what did I mean when I talked about 'my other mother'. There was no way I could tell my dying mother she was a 'poor' mother. so I told her a 'white lie', and "said I thought she needed some help doing the housework". this made my mother feel better, and no harm was done. And it helped my mother not to feel so guilty about not stopping the abused. I loved my mother too much to tell her the truth.

I do believe in telling the truth as much as I can, however I've been known to "soften" the truth when it comes to something like this,

She: "Does this outfit look good on me?" (horrendous outfit)
Me: "Ehh, I think you should try this shirt instead"

As much as I would like to be blunt, sometimes people can be sensitive, so I have to slow down a little. I don't consider that lying tho, just working around the truth.

When I go shopping with my sisters, we are totally honest with each other if we ask each others' opinions before buying. One of my sisters is definitely a fashionista and really knows her stuff. If she told me that something was not flattering to me, I'd believe her and not buy the item.

But if something is a done deal, that's a little different. Personally I wouldn't ask someone's opinion unless I really wanted to hear the truth. If I ask one of my sisters "Should I wear *this* outfit or *that* outfit" to such-and-such an occasion, I want the real opinion, not something to make me feel good.

And generally I get it, too.

It's my husband who is more likely to say "They're both fine. C'mon, just get dressed and let's go!" :lol:

My sisters and I all have totally different opinions about anything (even politics):giggle:...If I really like something, I'll buy it...if I'm unsure and a friend is with me, I might ask how it looks on me...but if I really like the item, I'll buy it regardless of what her opinion is....

It's interesting that my sisters and I have different tastes in things; you can certainly look into my closet and either of my sisters' closets and know that you're looking at three very different people. But we are all very good at being able to identify what looks good on each other.

Oddly enough, my husband is also really good at picking things out for me. He almost never goes shopping with me, but once in a while we might go together. One time I was buying my fall wardrobe for work, and thought I was almost done. He had been elsewhere in the mall and wandered back in to where I was when I was just finishing up. He looked at an outfit on the mannequin and said "You know, that would look good on you. Why don't you try it?"

It was a shade of blue that I almost never wore, but I tried it on, liked it, bought it, and later got SO many compliments on it! I told him we needed to shop together more often.

It's interesting that my sisters and I have different tastes in things; you can certainly look into my closet and either of my sisters' closets and know that you're looking at three very different people. But we are all very good at being able to identify what looks good on each other.

Oddly enough, my husband is also really good at picking things out for me. He almost never goes shopping with me, but once in a while we might go together. One time I was buying my fall wardrobe for work, and thought I was almost done. He had been elsewhere in the mall and wandered back in to where I was when I was just finishing up. He looked at an outfit on the mannequin and said "You know, that would look good on you. Why don't you try it?"

It was a shade of blue that I almost never wore, but I tried it on, liked it, bought it, and later got SO many compliments on it! I told him we needed to shop together more often.

I have 2 sisters and none of none dress the same. My older sister and I did
dress the same in the 70's , like hippies.

I don't know how to lie when asked for my opinion.

and that's a lie. :dizzy:

I do believe in telling the truth as much as I can, however I've been known to "soften" the truth when it comes to something like this,

She: "Does this outfit look good on me?" (horrendous outfit)
Me: "Ehh, I think you should try this shirt instead"

As much as I would like to be blunt, sometimes people can be sensitive, so I have to slow down a little. I don't consider that lying tho, just working around the truth.

In that example you weren't lying. Your feelings were implied.. Good work. Lol.

NO, it is never okay. No lying in relationship/marriage. No lying in best and close friendships, either. Lying do happen in two faced and fake friendship who that cannot be completely trusted. You know who they are.

I can't stand a white lie. In my experience, telling the truth is best because people are so shocked by my truth that they they get a kick out of it. The people close to me know to come to me with certain questions because I won't tell them what they want to here. Now if it's a horrible hair style, I'd say " I kind of like the style you had before." From that they understand I'm not feeling the current hair style. If they still aren't sure, I'd say in a nice way, " I just don't like."

When it comes to dating, I want the entire truth because I know if it's not said at the beginning, it would probably be felt, or said, later along down the lines. I like to know every nitty gritty. I like to get to the core of the person, because I know life isn't about cotton candy and puppies. The truth hurts sometimes, but it's just better to be known imho.

Well, I have some good reasons to white lie to someone you just barely know or not close friend, let's say an acquintance friend. When he or she asks me where I work and what kind of job position I am in...I'd say well, I can't say it sorry it's kind of personal. They'd say come on, nothing is wrong with that, blah blah so I had to lie to them. you never know what if they start a gossip/rumor giving others the information where I work, or don't have or what kind of job postion i work as. It's just all about privacy life...they usually get strange/suspicious impression when I answered "i am sorry i can't tell your question abiut that." So that answer is not a lie...

Back