Lumenlab Hall of Fame

goHabsgo

Reaction score
Was thinking of building one of these for a fun project, I could just go out and buy one but it wouldn't be the same as to building one. Kinda cool watch a home movie on big screen!

lumenlabprojector.jpg

Jonjandran's 15.4" Wuxga 1080p Projector - Lumenlab

How much to build as compared to just buy it?

I remember seeing building it costing less but that's with shopping for parts like ebay and such a few years back, nowadays maybe the store bought have come down in prices haven't checked. I would build one just for project sake but I'll check into it and post back for you Bottesini.

Ty The Highlander but I can't take the credit for something I didn't do, the picture isn't mine, it's taken from here Jonjandran's 15.4" Wuxga 1080p Projector - Lumenlab :) but when I do mine I'll post pics for sure. Sorry if my post is unclear.

Your post is perfect clear. I built a computer when I was 16 years old and I used light repair on the projector from old job. :) The most projector have single 150mm fan and no overheat issue so far.

Newegg.com - Silverstone FF121 Case Accessory

Fansis Washable 120mm Fan Dust Filter

I suggest you to add a air filter for your 120mm fan (suck air inside) to avoid from dust went inside the box or it will become overheat so easy and you will see a black spot on the screen. If both of your fans are exhaust only then you can create a hole then add a dust filter on the hole to allow more fresh air inside to help less the heat.

I just try to help you.

Your post is perfect clear. I built a computer when I was 16 years old and I used light repair on the projector from old job. :) The most projector have single 150mm fan and no overheat issue so far.

Newegg.com - Silverstone FF121 Case Accessory

Fansis Washable 120mm Fan Dust Filter

I suggest you to add a air filter for your 120mm fan (suck air inside) to avoid from dust went inside the box or it will become overheat so easy and you will see a black spot on the screen. If both of your fans are exhaust only then you can create a hole then add a dust filter on the hole to allow more fresh air inside to help less the heat.

I just try to help you.

Thanks for all the info The Highlander I appreciate all the help! Good tip for the air filter also allowing fresh air inside, indeed. I remember seeing tom's hardware guide also, that one is made with an overhead projector, some same principles apply in general.

Looks like Lumenlab stop selling kits/lens. With all the new LCD tv's out now and some reading up again on that project, sadly it now looks more troublesome then a good/fun challenging project :( On the bright side I'll just go out and buy a big tv :)

Back