Lovely Bones

bogle300

Reaction score
I saw this movie last night and thought it was a good movie.

The visual effects and the music are really awesome and you should go see it. Its one of those movies that are cool to watch when you can't hear and don't have caption on your old tv :)

I just got new hearing aids this past friday and while I am still getting used to these hearing aids, the music in the movie just pulls into it.

Last week, we watched this film. It is good movie but they have some problem with caption (RWC). We are very pleasure with this film.

i actually reallyyyy liked this movie! glad with the ending..the stupid jerk deserved it

I really enjoyed the book. One of the best I've read in the last couple years, actually.

I Want to see the movie once it comes out on DVD. No theaters around here have captioning.

So many people are ripping into this movie and I don't feel that's deserved, so I find myself QUITE liking this thread, lol. Every problem that people have with the movie is a problem they can have with the book, so really the movie itself doesn't deserve the criticism. Plus, the story is supposed be done up a certain way, and the movie followed that same path from the book.

I enjoyed the movie, but I'd been dying to see the movie since I read the book (before the movie began production). When we heard they were making a movie, my sister and I waited with barely suppressed excitement for the next person to be casted. "OMG, they just casted someone else, and you will NOT believe WHO!" I think my favorite scene, in the movie, was when Susie was in Harvey's bathroom, and it dawned on her that she was dead. Very emotional scene, especially if you add in the scenes right beforehand (from the part of when Harvey attacks her). The fear and despair running through Susie as she tries to find home, but everything looks strange and confusing. Then she sees the blood and her charm bracelet and she realizes what happened to her, and she screams.

Favorite scene in the book, that I kinda wish they added to the movie (but I understand why they didn't), was when Holiday the dog died and met up with Susie again in heaven. She's starting to move on, get over what happened to her, letting her family heal and move on. Then she turns around and there's Holiday and he's so excited to see her that when he races over, he knocks her over. Breaks me to tears every time I come to that part.

I really enjoyed the book. One of the best I've read in the last couple years, actually.

I Want to see the movie once it comes out on DVD. No theaters around here have captioning.

I heard the book is slow...would you disagree? I would like to read it. I didn't buy it because I've heard mixed opinions and hate to quit books!:lol:

Lovely Bones was pretty excellent movie I have ever watched. Indeed, it was sad story but quite a trippin'!!

I heard the book is slow...would you disagree? I would like to read it. I didn't buy it because I've heard mixed opinions and hate to quit books!:lol:

Sure, it's slow for inarticulate, unimaginative plebeians. :cool2: :D

Seriously, I felt it to be one of the best books I've read in the last five years, and I read A LOT of books, a lot of dense, literary books. There were times when the action of Lovely Bones slowed down, yes, but this book is not just about the frontline action. You learn right away, for example, that the main character is killed and who killed her, so it's not a typical murder/mystery/whodunnit. It's much more about the emotional and psychological drama that wrecks the family after Suzie's murder. There were a few places that I thought were kinda just filler or summary, but for the most part it is a very engaging read. The first 30 pages and the last 50 pages are particularly intense and kept the hair on the back of my neck standing up the whole time. At the end, I really felt moved. There was a knot in my throat.

I was extremely disappointed by the movie. Way too jumbled and incoherent. There was beautiful cinematography, and Stanley Tucci's performance is Oscar-worthy, but other than that it's quite a failure in my opinion. Wish I hadn't wasted my time watching it.

Sure, it's slow for inarticulate, unimaginative plebeians. :cool2: :D

Seriously, I felt it to be one of the best books I've read in the last five years, and I read A LOT of books, a lot of dense, literary books. There were times when the action of Lovely Bones slowed down, yes, but this book is not just about the frontline action. You learn right away, for example, that the main character is killed and who killed her, so it's not a typical murder/mystery/whodunnit. It's much more about the emotional and psychological drama that wrecks the family after Suzie's murder. There were a few places that I thought were kinda just filler or summary, but for the most part it is a very engaging read. The first 30 pages and the last 50 pages are particularly intense and kept the hair on the back of my neck standing up the whole time. At the end, I really felt moved. There was a knot in my throat.

I was extremely disappointed by the movie. Way too jumbled and incoherent. There was beautiful cinematography, and Stanley Tucci's performance is Oscar-worthy, but other than that it's quite a failure in my opinion. Wish I hadn't wasted my time watching it.

Alright, you convinced me! I'll read it! I didn't see the movie. I can't possible do that before I read a book, or all the characters are ruined in my brain. :)

Alright, you convinced me! I'll read it! I didn't see the movie. I can't possible do that before I read a book, or all the characters are ruined in my brain. :)

Excellent! Hope you enjoy!

I loved both the book and the movie. My only criticism is that the ending deviated from the book.
And by the way, the song playing when Susie meets the other victims is a cover of John Fruciante's "Siren Call". (I think that's the name of the song.) he's the guitarist for the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Just a little bit of trivia for you!

I loved both the book and the movie. My only criticism is that the ending deviated from the book.
And by the way, the song playing when Susie meets the other victims is a cover of John Fruciante's "Siren Call". (I think that's the name of the song.) he's the guitarist for the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Just a little bit of trivia for you!

I didn't know that was him! I love the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Well, it's a cover of that song but yeah.
If you like them, pick up his album "The Emperyan". (I hope that's spelled correctly lol.)
it's amazing- and it's the best stress relief music!

Well, it's a cover of that song but yeah.
If you like them, pick up his album "The Emperyan". (I hope that's spelled correctly lol.)
it's amazing- and it's the best stress relief music!

i actually reallyyyy liked this movie! glad with the ending..the stupid jerk deserved it

So did I, i lovveed this movie too- what a story! but i disagree that he was stupid, he was Farrr from stupid just plain cunning and evil but agreed that character is a jerk - no doubt.

If you guys liked the movie, you really ought to read the book, cause it is 100x better. Seriously.

Back