Love is Never Silent

No..she gave birth to a boy named after her brother, Brady.

I wonder about the same thing if the director was deaf or her/himself as a CODA. That movie really did impacted me in many ways too!

Cookie Monster said:
"Love is never silent" impacted me in a lot of ways because I honestly wondered if the director was Deaf or CODA.

The fact the daughter took on a lot of roles for her parents ie, parenting, education and interpreting. When the youngest son fell to his death, the daughter heard her father wail with his voice for the very first time and it impacted her because she heard a "Deaf" cry. The daughter went to the funeral home with her father and had to be the "parent" and ask for a cardboard box because the family was poor.

A beautiful scene I will never ever forget, the father asked the daughter, "Does the sunshine beams make noises when it hits the ground?" The father thought it either made a crashing noise or a musical noise, the daughter struggled to explain in "her" hearing world how sunshine was until the radio played music. She grabbed this "golden" opportunity to ask her father to dance with him. The mother stamped her ground and shushed them and the daughter waved her hands and signed "No, no, no!"

When the daughter grew up and went to college, the parents felt literally lost without their "helper". Their daughter married and had a daughter. When the little daugher signed "ILY" in the wrong way, the aging father corrected her "with love" and said "ILY" back at her.

The daughter asked the father if he remembered the "golden" dance and the father remember and signed "Love is never silent". :ily:

Mama2AFTIV said:
No..she gave birth to a boy named after her brother, Brady.

I wonder about the same thing if the director was deaf or her/himself as a CODA. That movie really did impacted me in many ways too!

Yes, now that you reminded me of it, she did name her first born after her beloved brother. I was just telling my mother about the movie and she fondly recalls it. I think the movie itself was quite the "signed-about" *tongue-in-cheek* movie in the deaf communities.

CODAchild said:
:wiggle: I am not sure if I have the right movie. But, is this the one with Mare Winningham, Phyllis Freilich and I believe Ed Waterstreet? She had to do all the interpreting for her parent's as there were no services, or any deaf devices at that time.

If I have the right one, that movie was a very good movie, it was so sad, and yet uplifting at times.

I guess a lot of us can relate to those days and times when our deaf parent's had to rely on their hearing children to help them out. This was so hard for them, because there was nothing in the way of any kind of deaf devices, agencies and communicational devices. Depending on their children to get them through the difficulty of understanding someone and something was a little oppressive for them, but, we all got through successfully in life.

I really enjoyed watching that movie, I hope this is the right one, because I was very impressed with Mare Winningham's signing ability.

Right on...and also had Julianna Fjeld (Emmy Award winner) in it, altho she was in it briefly as the lady who got her hand caught in the sewing machine where Phyllis Frelich's character worked.

It was made in 1985.

It sound interesting... I would love to see it myself...

I will try to find out either we have DVD like this here in Germany.

SuperGrrl04 said:
Has anyone ever seen this movie? It really is quite good. It's about a hearing girl who was raised by deaf parents, and it was extremely interesting. . .

I almost cried a few times :p

I never heard that movie before but I want to watch that movie about a hearing girl who was raise by deaf parent.

R3na3Blyth3 said:
Right on...and also had Julianna Fjeld (Emmy Award winner) in it, altho she was in it briefly as the lady who got her hand caught in the sewing machine where Phyllis Frelich's character worked.

It was made in 1985.

Yes, the mother being the strong character she was, she fainted in the hot sewing factory because she had her hand caught in the sewing machine. Oh, I better stop giving the story scenes out! :P

Yeah, I remember that "Love is never Silent" movie. I watched it on tv. It was good movie.

hmm never seen that movie.

I did have a movie that was made in france i think.. it was about hearing girl growing up with hearing sister and deaf parents. her deaf mom got killed by bicycling accident. can't remmy the name of the movie.

When that movie love is never silent (1985)

When will Love Is Never Silent show on tv again? i not seen it since i was very young girl i used love that movie but i forgot what it was about but remember a little.. Would love see thatmovie again.. and is there any movie to rent or buy or copy movie or something can i find to watch it again????

Back