Love between hearing and deaf people

my advice is don't let your parents in your relationship or control your relationship
just you and him that all ok
that is great that you have feelings about him just let your relationship flowing by slowly ok

Can I be honest without getting any bad comments on what I will write now?

Deaf-hearing relationships like deaf-deaf or hearing-hearing relationship works or doesnt work depending on how compatibel the two people in the relationship are.

I think it is amazing that you think like this.
I'm hearing and talked to a lot of deaf people who say they don't want to have a relationship/love affair/whatever with a hearing person because there are so many barriers like friends of the hearing one can't understand the deaf one and the other way round...

Would like to know how many of alldeaf.com members think like that.

In my opinion... love is stronger than that kind of stuff. Sure it might be not that easy but ey... that isn't soooo important!!?
(everyone has its own opinion...)

I'm hearing and talked to a lot of deaf people who say they don't want to have a relationship/love affair/whatever with a hearing person because there are so many barriers like friends of the hearing one can't understand the deaf one and the other way round...

In my opinion... love is stronger than that kind of stuff. Sure it might be not that easy but ey... that isn't soooo important!!?

In bold above -- whoa, hold on, do you think deaf people would not have the statisafactory to date or get into a relationship with hearing person? There is lots of ways to be in like one. For example, I have a friend, who is married to her deaf husband for more than 30 years. ;)

nooooooooo this is not my opinion.. I just wrote what some deaf people from here once said. NOT what I think!!!

i guess its really because of my bad english that its not possible to write clear..

*edit:*
for me doesn't matter if my boyfriend, best friend, friend, family member, classmate,........ is deaf or not....

nooooooooo this is not my opinion.. I just wrote what some deaf people from here once said. NOT what I think!!!

i guess its really because of my bad english that its not possible to write clear..

*edit:*
for me doesn't matter if my boyfriend, best friend, friend, family member, classmate,........ is deaf or not....

Oh, I misunderstood. My apologises.

im been dating several previous boyfriend till im current dating with British boyfriend his name is James Windsor he very polite,handsome.

my boyfriend James Windsor can sign little not lots but he met me on Royal Forums where im member that they later he send me e-mail address and i told him how you find me? but he and me been friend for month when i dating with crap ex-boyfriend they later im now dating with that man mr.Windsor he from London,England and he raise in England and im from American but im been e-mail each other every weeks.

Hey! I am happy that you are happy with this guy :) and in love! its nice feeling huh? :) Hoping things will go smooth for you guys!! :hug:

Does not matter.... my late husband was hearing.. but our love were very strong... we made many compromises to make our marriage works...It was worth... I was married to him for 11 yrs... we felt like we were still acting like lovebirds.. even tho we had ups and downs.... He passed away in my arm over 12 yrs ago.. He died of lung cancer... I have wonderful memories of him....

I never remarry... Of course I did tried to date few guys... It was not fair to my dates...i kept talking about my late husband... SO I QUIT DATING.... Yes I do have male friends... thats all...

I am hearing and my husband is deaf. He was born deaf and we have been married for almost 20 years (this year) .. is it easy? no .. is it worth it? yes of course. I never knew any sign language when I met him. I took it upon myself to learn, I took classes and now I'm fluent. In fact, one of his friends for years thought I was deaf for some reason LOL anyways - if you have love, and you are with that person for the right reasons, then it does not matter if they are deaf, hearing or whatever. I hope you find happiness :) Best wishes to you !!

I am hearing and my husband is deaf. He was born deaf and we have been married for almost 20 years (this year) .. is it easy? no .. is it worth it? yes of course. I never knew any sign language when I met him. I took it upon myself to learn, I took classes and now I'm fluent. In fact, one of his friends for years thought I was deaf for some reason LOL anyways - if you have love, and you are with that person for the right reasons, then it does not matter if they are deaf, hearing or whatever. I hope you find happiness :) Best wishes to you !!

Great for ya girl! Yes, Love is very power than anything... don't ya think girl ? ?

Hearing/deaf isnt matter! It is about "LOVE"

:afro:

M-

Great for ya girl! Yes, Love is very power than anything... don't ya think girl ? ?

Hearing/deaf isnt matter! It is about "LOVE"

:afro:

M-
i agree 100%. gay, straight, hearing, deaf...who cares? if your happy and in love that's all that matters. do what feels right for you!

He doesn't need to be fixed. He's beautiful the way he is. And I love him for that.

And he really does have some issues... He gets depressed, sometimes, because of his situation: being deaf and gay. But he never thought of suicide and that's something good. He has the courage to live, that's what I told him.

And... I HAVE GREAT NEWS!! :) :) :)

I finally told him I'm in love... and he almost went crazy. He loves me too, but he didn't have the courage to tell me. He thought I would never want anything to do with him, because he's deaf.

We're so happy now. I told him I want to learn a few things about ASL and that I don't want him to feel ashamed to use it. I think he was happy to know that... he hugged me so tight!!

I want to thank all of you, because you gave me enough self-confidence to fulfill my dream. (I mean... "our" dream :) )

Mmmm reading this made me smile, so cuteeee. I think it's great that you told him how you felt :)

Hello there. I am hearing and married to a Deafie. My husband and I have been married for 12 /12 years. The only advice I give you is that you do not go into this relationship with the attitude that you are "helping him", "saving him" or "making his life in the hearing world better." That is what will break up a relationship. If you LOVE him for himself despite the fact that he is deaf, go for it. I know you said that he dose not use ASL but try and learn some. There are plenty of web sites that you can pick it up from. Use it when it's just the two of you and let him know you want to communicate with him. Whatever is meant to be, will be. That's my two cents. Good Luck.

After reading your post, you said it wonerfully! I have to agree with you on that. :)

Lots of time deaf and hearing relationship don't always work because there always a commuications break-down most of the time. Some are very lucky to keep the relationship going as long a hearing person willing to commuicate with a deaf person if you love someone so much to be together, nothing can stand in the way of true love. :)

I was severely HOH my whole life until I became profoundly deaf at the age of 17. Almost a year later, I'm in love with a wonderful man. I have never dated a deaf boy, mainly because I am not "culturally" deaf. After becoming completely deaf and starting down the road towards my CI, i was terrified and wanted someone to be there with me and through everything... My family and friends were great, but I wanted a helpmeet of my own. I met my boyfriend, and even before we were romantically interested in each other, he was always gentle, always helping me without embarrasing me. I'm a cashier, so you can imagine I have to help people a lot. People get angry with me often, but he always smooths over the issues, all the while defending me.
He has never "spoken" for me, or made me feel inadequate. Some hearing men just don't really know how to handle it... It freaks them out, and that's okay. It's not something they're used to, and that's not their fault anymore than it is my fault I'm deaf. Out of all my experiences with boys, he has been by far the best. I taught him how to put my BTE back on if it falls off when we kiss (hehe.) He understands and knows everything about my surgery, and he's been there before it and after it to hold my hand.
Don't worry so much about the boundaries... The boundaries between the deaf and hearing exist only if we insist they're there.
Another thing? My boyfriend is older, a different race AND hearing.
I'm loving it.

I am married to a hearing guy..no problems with our relationship. I guess it helps that he can sign. :)

I'm currently engaged to a deaf guy that I will have been with for 3 years on March 7th, obviously I'm hearing as to fit the topic. Currently I'm slowly learning signs for things, so when I talk to him I try and use the signs for words that I know. Unfortunately I can't take any classes yet, as my expenses are all going towards my regular college classes, so I'm learning on my own pretty much...bought a ton of books and flashcards. Its been hard at times, but we've always gotten past it.

A funny thing is that most of the people whom he grew up with think that I'm deaf when they first meet me. For being hearing, I'm actually a really quiet person, so when they see me not talking, they assume that I'm deaf (until they try and sign to me, and see me trying to comprehend it all). My fiance is not that involved in the deaf community though, and doesn't really talk to as many deaf people now due to something that happened with his friends before he knew me, so unfortunately I don't get that much exposure. Though once he graduates from our university, he wants to work in a bank in our area (Charlotte, NC) to help deaf people deal with their money without an interpretor...so maybe I can meet some more people around here.

Back