Louisiana School for deaf

ScrappyKat

Reaction score
Anybody have any info on the Louisiana School for the deaf? Someone I know went there as a kid and is now going back to teach there next year (*sad*). Would anybody care to teach me a bit about the school? It would be greatly appreciated... :)

ScrappyKat said:
Anybody have any info on the Louisiana School for the deaf? Someone I know went there as a kid and is now going back to teach there next year (*sad*). Would anybody care to teach me a bit about the school? It would be greatly appreciated... :)

Check that site out.

http://www.lalsd.org/

My friend who is a teaching there. She enjoyed to work there. :)

thanks. i have just heard some bad things and nothing bad needs to happen to good teachers... just chacking my info and my sources.

Anyone think that maybe the enrollment of LSD might increase a little b/c of hurricane Katrina? I think so.....I think there might be some kids who end up there as a result.....which would be a lot better then being homeless and wandering around the city.

I got an email earlier today asking for donations to kids from LSD. They need everything from clothes to basic necessities as a lot of their students and staff are from New Orleans.

You can send what you can to LSD and mark it for Needy Kids Fund there.

My heart goes out to these students and staff.

Many refugees from NO are staying at the campus and prices have skyrocketed for basic needs items.

Also I wonder if the New Orleans Oral school/Chinchubia Insistuite will be wiped out? That would be good riddance to it! One less oral school!

deafdyke said:
Also I wonder if the New Orleans Oral school/Chinchubia Insistuite will be wiped out? That would be good riddance to it! One less oral school!

You gotta be kidding! My friends at Oberkotter foundation tell me that for each oral deaf school that gets closed for any reason, the foundation will push to have up to 3 more oral deaf schools opened to take it's place.

Richard

You gotta be kidding! My friends at Oberkotter foundation tell me that for each oral deaf school that gets closed for any reason, the foundation will push to have up to 3 more oral deaf schools opened to take it's place.
Doesn't mean it will happen....I bet the Oberkotter folks are those conservative assholes who only want oral-only, and who don't adquadly understand the high health care bills that go along with being oral-only!

LSD is not in New Orleans... it is in Baton Rouge. My longtime friend who is counslor there and ASL signer. U can ask any question with DEAN or any of counslor will help you with ??

That is my offers...

Why does two ADers have same dancing cat?

Next time any AD will accuss to wrong person...

and I mean I think it will be quite a while until it reopens....good fucking riddence!

that is...New Orleans Oral school.....Yes, the Oberkotter foundation can push for it.....but if we're in a recession or whatever.....it's not going to happen...
What if all the oral schools in the nation were shut down or whatever?
How does the Oberkotter foundation get its money anyway?

from what I hear about Louisiana school for deaf, it's not doing so well. After I have meet few deaf were more like drop-out or never go college. I felt that LSD need to improve more better system somehow.

One of my friends says that LSD isn't that great b/c there are STILL teachers there who don't Sign! VERY hard to believe in this day and age.

that is...New Orleans Oral school.....Yes, the Oberkotter foundation can push for it.....but if we're in a recession or whatever.....it's not going to happen...
What if all the oral schools in the nation were shut down or whatever?
How does the Oberkotter foundation get its money anyway?

Hmmm....fundraising, auctions, and let's see......contributions from the Ci manufacturers? Their IRS form 990 is available online. The millions they donated to A.G.Bell and the Let Them Hear Foundation alone is staggering.

Now, that DOES not surprise me that Let Them Hear is supported by the CI manufacterors.

Hmmm....fundraising, auctions, and let's see......contributions from the Ci manufacturers? Their IRS form 990 is available online. The millions they donated to A.G.Bell and the Let Them Hear Foundation alone is staggering.

Makes you sick, doesn't it?

One hand washes the other...

i am former student in lsd, i know it needs to improved! much improved! it must..
but right now it ok lsd is still there..

my friend who works for dorm at lsd now.. he said it still working on as trying to improve

Back