Loud mobile (cell) phone for HOH

daleala

Reaction score
Hey, I am wondering, my girlfriend is HOH, and I want to get her a new mobile (as her existing one is so quiet, I cannot even hear it)

I am not looking so much for loudspeaker mode, but just one that has a volume control and at the max volume (not loudspeaker mode) it is nice and loud for her hearing aids.

The criteria would be as follows:
* Loud volume (not loudspeaker, just a naturally loud phone) (NEEDED)
* Volume control (NEEDED)
* Nokia (NEEDED)
* Vibrating alarm (NEEDED)
* Standard design (not clam or flip or slide phone)
* Cheap
* Color display
* Lots of SMS can be stored, as well as contacts
* Easy to use (NEEDED)
* Camera optional
* Reliable (NEEDED)
* PC connectivity - so you can transfer data (like SMS etc) to your PC - not required, but highly desired.

Thanks for the support.

God bless.

Dale.

Hey, I am wondering, my girlfriend is HOH, and I want to get her a new mobile (as her existing one is so quiet, I cannot even hear it)

I am not looking so much for loudspeaker mode, but just one that has a volume control and at the max volume (not loudspeaker mode) it is nice and loud for her hearing aids.

The criteria would be as follows:
* Loud volume (not loudspeaker, just a naturally loud phone) (NEEDED)
* Volume control (NEEDED)
* Nokia (NEEDED)
* Vibrating alarm (NEEDED)
* Standard design (not clam or flip or slide phone)
* Cheap
* Color display
* Lots of SMS can be stored, as well as contacts
* Easy to use (NEEDED)
* Camera optional
* Reliable (NEEDED)
* PC connectivity - so you can transfer data (like SMS etc) to your PC - not required, but highly desired.

Thanks for the support.

God bless.

Dale.

Sidekick II or III.. it has vibrations... one can feel it and reply...

Sidekick II or III.. it has vibrations... one can feel it and reply...

Looking for something small, like a Nokia 3330 size - (obviously not the 3330)

Has also to be available in Australia, and work with any network (3GSM, CDMA, etc, tri band or quad band needed)

I know what you mean about the phones not being loud enough. It sucks sometimes. Sometimes it's easier to take the phone and cram it against my ear than to deal with not setting off my hearing aid. Goodluck on the phone hunting!

I'm normally pretty adept in know what's good for use in the states, but I'll admit I know very little about what'll work well in Australia. Let me see if my buddy in New Zealand can give me something that'll work with Vodaphone.....

To put things in perspective, the Nokia N70 is a perfect volume, but way to expensive.

I dont know about your area but in my area and I got a phone 3 yrs ago. It is from Nextel and I never had a problem listening to the phone since it was loud enough for me to hear. So now I just got Blackberry and I fell in love with and will add a voice plan

Back