Lost one of my hearing aids - what next?

There has been a lot of ads on TV lately for hearing aids, one cost only
$30 .00 or some crazy price like that they come with a thing to put in your ear . I have no idea how good the HA are but they're cheaper than the one you get from an audi .

I think it is time to ad GPS traceable options for aids using an encrypted signal. There is no reason for lost hearing aids today.

It's going to be a while before that happens. The GPS radio in smartphones suck up a TON of battery juice. I can't imagine it being in hearing aids anytime soon. Not unless someone comes up with a very tiny battery with a monstrous amount of juice to give.

It'll be a nice options to have, plus wifi, always-on bluetooth, NFC, etc. You could do a lot of nifty things with hearing aids if they were as advanced as our smartphones.

It's going to be a while before that happens. The GPS radio in smartphones suck up a TON of battery juice. I can't imagine it being in hearing aids anytime soon. Not unless someone comes up with a very tiny battery with a monstrous amount of juice to give.

It'll be a nice options to have, plus wifi, always-on bluetooth, NFC, etc. You could do a lot of nifty things with hearing aids if they were as advanced as our smartphones.

No, it has happened. Resound Linx, plus other brands that go with iPhone, all have that.

No, it has happened. Resound Linx, plus other brands that go with iPhone, all have that.

I wonder if it's just turning it on for a second or two to get a fix and then turning it off. Or maybe instead of a GPS radio it is using bluetooth, in which case the hearing aid would have to be turned on for tracking and locating to work. I'd be interested to know how they do it.

In any case, there's a report that the battery life, as I expected, is drastically low as it uses bluetooth to communicate with the iDevice:

~Standard 312 battery life without using bluetooth function to iphone is 5-7 days of use (12-14 hour day)
~1-2 hours of phone use/media use per day drops this to 4-5 days.
~4+ hours (think individuals who work via phone or stream music all day) this drops to 2-3 days per battery.

This is from: Hearing Aid made for iPhone : hearing

Unfortunately 99% of hearing aids these days! yo have to open the battery draw to turn off including the new Naidas.

Maybe if you put them in a case, you problem of them turning back on will stop?

I put mine in a case and they've never turned back on!

If you have pets in the house if really would great to be sure to open up the battery door. The feed backing would drive your pet(s) nuts.

If you have pets in the house if really would great to be sure to open up the battery door. The feed backing would drive your pet(s) nuts.

????????

I'm not too sure what you are getting at here but all I was saying to the OP is for her Naidas to stay turned off, she should put them in a case. Putting them loose, where they can get knocked, will allow her Naidas to turn back on or for the batteries to fall out of the hearing aid.

Obvs people should always turn their hearing aids off!!

????????

I'm not too sure what you are getting at here but all I was saying to the OP is for her Naidas to stay turned off, she should put them in a case. Putting them loose, where they can get knocked, will allow her Naidas to turn back on or for the batteries to fall out of the hearing aid.

Obvs people should always turn their hearing aids off!!

I think it was an attempt to help find the lost one and just quoted the posting immediately above theirs.

If you don't find the HA, you can try the DOR in PA for aid in replacing it, you can also check with Temple University's health services, they too might be able to help. I too would go with NaidaUP suggestion of putting the HA's in a case when they are not in you ears rather than putting them in a pocket in your purse. On the matter of your purse, if it has a lining, did you check the pocket to see if it has a hole in it that could of let the HA slip into the lining? My sister once lost her keys and found them several weeks later when cleaning out her purse, they had slipped thru a hole in the lining and dropped to the bottom of the purse inside the lining. Good luck!

Hi all,

I am a new poster and I wasn't sure if this topic would fit better here or in the introduction forum, so I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong place. :)

A little about me - I am a college student at Temple University in Philly studying economics and German. I have moderate to severe (I think; at least, that's the way it's described to me) sensorineural hearing loss in both ears, for which I wear BTEs. If you want to know more for any reason, just ask. :)

On to the dilemma - I have been lurking on this forum as a guest for a while now, but a major crisis has happened over the weekend that prompted me to sign up and see if I could get some advice. Basically, I lost one of my hearing aids while out and about this weekend. I have been wearing HAs for going on 18 years now, and this would be the second one that I have lost. (I lost the first one when I was super little, right after I had gotten them, when it fell out on the playground. Apparently it wasn't sized correctly or something.) Sorry for the long explanation there, but I'm really trying to find something to feel better about, haha.

I have tried retracing my steps, but I doubt I'm going to find it anywhere. I thought I had put it in a special little pocket in my purse, where I always put them if I'm listening to music or something, but I just checked this morning and the left one wasn't in there. Needless to say, I am very confused/upset. It's probably hanging out on the streets of Philly somewhere... I vaguely remember shuffling some things around in my purse where it could have fallen out. I usually notice things like that, though, but it's gone now... :(

Anyway, I currently wear Naida V SPs. They seem like an older model, because I seem to remember getting them in 2007 as a high school freshman. At this point I'm wondering if it would be better to just talk to my audiologist about getting a new pair, rather than trying to replace an older-model HA. I'm not sure of the specifics of how the insurance covers them, but I do know my dad's plan from his work helps out with the cost... currently trying to work up the nerve to call my mom and explain. I have a little under $2000 for an out-of-pocket budget. Of course, it's upsetting that I have to spend it on what seems like such a careless mistake, but s**t happens.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm just kind of freaking out right now and not sure what to do. Thank you for reading all of this!

My new hearing aids are warranted and insured by Phonak automatically or 3 years. So call your audiologist and tell them that's happened and you'll probably find you are covered.

My new hearing aids are warranted and insured by Phonak automatically or 3 years. So call your audiologist and tell them that's happened and you'll probably find you are covered.

But she got them in 2007. That's 7 years ago.

I've worn hearing aids since I was three and I completely understand losing them, breaking them, and having my dog chew one. Lol I also understand how upsetting it is. I wear two BTE Oticon Chilli, actually I just wear one now because 2 weeks ago my right ear decided to quit hearing which I'm fine with. It seems you could benefit from new hearing aids. It's always strange at first but there's a period of adjustment.

(My sincerest apologies for seeming completely all over the place, I had tried to make coffee and turns out I ran out. ImageUploadedByAllDeaf1406951775.991064.jpg)

Hi all,

I am a new poster and I wasn't sure if this topic would fit better here or in the introduction forum, so I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong place. :)

A little about me - I am a college student at Temple University in Philly studying economics and German. I have moderate to severe (I think; at least, that's the way it's described to me) sensorineural hearing loss in both ears, for which I wear BTEs. If you want to know more for any reason, just ask. :)

On to the dilemma - I have been lurking on this forum as a guest for a while now, but a major crisis has happened over the weekend that prompted me to sign up and see if I could get some advice. Basically, I lost one of my hearing aids while out and about this weekend. I have been wearing HAs for going on 18 years now, and this would be the second one that I have lost. (I lost the first one when I was super little, right after I had gotten them, when it fell out on the playground. Apparently it wasn't sized correctly or something.) Sorry for the long explanation there, but I'm really trying to find something to feel better about, haha.

I have tried retracing my steps, but I doubt I'm going to find it anywhere. I thought I had put it in a special little pocket in my purse, where I always put them if I'm listening to music or something, but I just checked this morning and the left one wasn't in there. Needless to say, I am very confused/upset. It's probably hanging out on the streets of Philly somewhere... I vaguely remember shuffling some things around in my purse where it could have fallen out. I usually notice things like that, though, but it's gone now... :(

Anyway, I currently wear Naida V SPs. They seem like an older model, because I seem to remember getting them in 2007 as a high school freshman. At this point I'm wondering if it would be better to just talk to my audiologist about getting a new pair, rather than trying to replace an older-model HA. I'm not sure of the specifics of how the insurance covers them, but I do know my dad's plan from his work helps out with the cost... currently trying to work up the nerve to call my mom and explain. I have a little under $2000 for an out-of-pocket budget. Of course, it's upsetting that I have to spend it on what seems like such a careless mistake, but s**t happens.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm just kind of freaking out right now and not sure what to do. Thank you for reading all of this!

I was living in an apt in a 2 family house. The owner decided to sell the building. Almost every night I had the realtor bring people around to look at the apt.

At that time I had an old Siemens in the ear hearing aid with no backup. Each night I would put my hearing aid on my kitchen table and I would watch TV with a TVears setup.

One night people came to look at the apt and the next morning when I went to put my hearing aid in to go to work it was gone. Obviously someone who was looking at the apt took it the night before. :shock:

I had to run to a hearing aid dispenser to get a new one and I had to take vacation time from my job until I got the new one.

I was living in an apt in a 2 family house. The owner decided to sell the building. Almost every night I had the realtor bring people around to look at the apt.

At that time I had an old Siemens in the ear hearing aid with no backup. Each night I would put my hearing aid on my kitchen table and I would watch TV with a TVears setup.

One night people came to look at the apt and the next morning when I went to put my hearing aid in to go to work it was gone. Obviously someone who was looking at the apt took it the night before. :shock:

I had to run to a hearing aid dispenser to get a new one and I had to take vacation time from my job until I got the new one.

I wish you where joking but I know you're not , that is disgusting . Did you tell the landlord what happen ? No one better try to steal my HA if I ever
get my condo on the market . Some people are really rotten .

Back