Loss

Am saddened to hear of this new. My condolences to you and your family.

Not the same kind, but yes, it was slow growing.

Update: Morgan is still alive; barely. We made the vet appt to put him to sleep for tomorrow afternoon. This is agonizing. :(

The puppies are anxious. They know something is wrong. Mom says they can smell death on Morgan. The really sucky part is that I'll be alone tomorrow afternoon. It's a crazy day and my parents have lots going on. It would have also been Morgan's 14th birthday. Life and death on the same day. Lovely.

I'll be OK; though. I have to be.

I am so sorry for your lost of your beloved dog! I wish I could give you a big hug! You and your family have my deepest sympathy! I can't believe we both lost our beloved dog so close together.
I felt the same way when Finlay dies, I was relieved to know he was no longer in pain .

Yeah, that is what I meant ,a slow growing cancer. Wow, that is really a tough thing to do on your own, do you have friend that can go with you?
That is sad Morgan last day it on his birthday , I hope you will be able to spend some time with your dog. I told Finlay that I was going to help take his pain away and I would carry if for him. I will be thinking of you tomorrow afternoon. Be careful driving home, my daughter was with me to say goodbye to Finlay. I am going to starting crying !

He's gone. He died this afternoon. :(

My condolences, OB; will Morgan's final resting place be on your property?

My condolences, OB; will Morgan's final resting place be on your property?

He was buried in our back yard. Had he lived long enough for the vet appt tomorrow, he would have been cremated like Schooner was.

He was buried in our back yard. Had he lived long enough for the vet appt tomorrow, he would have been cremated like Schooner was.

I have had that same experience, too, OB and I'm glad for it....a spot between our two orange trees.

Oceanbreeze, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard this is and I totally understand. I lost one of my cats last summer. She went into a seizure and died right after the seizure and I buried her in my ex-fiance's grandmother's yard.

Your dog is at peace now.

I've been away for the past few days. Hope it is not too late to give you this OB :hug: You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I've been away for the past few days. Hope it is not too late to give you this OB :hug: You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you, Beclak.

Morgan died on Feb 15th, the day before his 14th birthday. It was a tough day for us. We had an appt to have him put down, but he died before that could happen. The puppies we have been a blessing to the family in helping us cope with all this loss.

Life must and does go on; even in grief.

:ty: :hug:

Back