losing my hearing at 25... help

Let me ask you this. Did a virus cause you lose your hearing?

Hi at the moment I don't know what has caused my hearing loss. I'm waiting for an ENT appointment at the local hospital. I guess it's possible? I don't remember loosing it suddenly I thinks it's been gradual

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Same here! Usually I'd know when feedback is happening is when I'm hugging someone, put my hand to ear (or on pillow) or when it's absolutely quiet and people look at me "Your hearing aid is making noise"

A guy once gave a me a hug and my HA started to feedback and he started to dance with me . It was very funny!

Hello my name is Arielle and I'm HoH. I started losing hearing last year when I was 24. I was in the US army and my job was pretty much the cause of my hearing loss. I also had a brain injury which caused nerve damage. I'm learning Asl now since in the past month I have notice more loss. I have moderate in my left and moderate to sever in my right. I wear a HA I. My right and waiting for my left.

Hello my name is Arielle and I'm HoH. I started losing hearing last year when I was 24. I was in the US army and my job was pretty much the cause of my hearing loss. I also had a brain injury which caused nerve damage. I'm learning Asl now since in the past month I have notice more loss. I have moderate in my left and moderate to sever in my right. I wear a HA I. My right and waiting for my left.

Hi arielle nice to meet you :)
I'm sorry to hear how you lost your hearing. That's terrible. Were you on deployment?!
It's great to hear your learning asl. I'm trying to learn auslan but am finding it difficult to find a course.
So i downloaded an app to help me learn the basics.
Where do u live?!?
When do u get your hearing aid for your left ear?
:) Megan

I have an appt tomorrow so hopefully I find out about my hearing aid. And no I wasn't on deployment but just got back a tdy and was doing repel training for new soldiers. I'm ising the Asl dictionary 5,200 signs. I need to work on sentence structures.

Megan - may I ask where in Australia are you?

I'm currently an Auslan student myself - hearing, wanting to go into interpreting.

Megan - may I ask where in Australia are you?

I'm currently an Auslan student myself - hearing, wanting to go into interpreting.

Hi Kalima
I'm from Melbourne! There are quite a few course available however it's seems a lot are full until next year as I'm looking at taking a class rather than teaching myself!!

Back