Losing a Friend...over Alcohol.

RR, I feel you. I'm in the same place with my baby sister only with drugs. We got in an argument on Sunday and she said some really hurtful things. I've decided that I'm done. I can't deal with the ups and downs and her paranoid thinking. She used to be my best friend and my confidante. Now she would rather live in flophouses with junkies. I can't express concern for her or her kids because she jumps down my throat and shuts me out.

I can't offer any advice because I'm just now starting this little journey and I'm heartbroken. I can offer my sympathy and support though since the situation is similar. Hopefully it gets better. :grouphug:

It is sad when people are on drugs because they are so blind to the effects that the drugs have on them physically and mentally as well as emotionally. They are so adamant and outspoken when they are being reproved about the effects of the drugs. This is what happens when people get involved with the wrong crowd. All you can do is hope she'll come to her senses way before the drugs eventually cause her to lose her mind.

Im sorry. It seems to me that youare doing the right thing to do. everyone offered the tips.

Recently, my girlfriend had a very very very hard time deciding about this person who happen to her son who is 16 years old. She's my close friend, and I saw her son since he was a baby. We all don't know what caused him to do that. He started drinking , and become violence at home and doing some drugs. My girlfriend had no choice but called cop on him. Its possible that relates with peer pressure. :(. Its very hard to witess someone who you care very much.

RR, I feel you. I'm in the same place with my baby sister only with drugs. We got in an argument on Sunday and she said some really hurtful things. I've decided that I'm done. I can't deal with the ups and downs and her paranoid thinking. She used to be my best friend and my confidante. Now she would rather live in flophouses with junkies. I can't express concern for her or her kids because she jumps down my throat and shuts me out.

I can't offer any advice because I'm just now starting this little journey and I'm heartbroken. I can offer my sympathy and support though since the situation is similar. Hopefully it gets better. :grouphug:

Know how you feel.....be there for her kids...if not for her....she's playing with fire....and her kids will suffer...very sad!

Just short of medical intervention or controlling the source of purchasing the booze for her, she's pretty hopeless. Not much you can do except to cut your friendship or if you still want her company, that will require quite a bit of tolerance from you RR.

Back