Looking to meet other deafies in florida

Shoshana

Reaction score
I am located in West Palm, would love to meet other Deafies in the area, or south Florida! Can plan fun events and stuff! :D

Well - I am here, but usually have a full schedule with my family. Have you checked into the local deaf club?

Yea, I think I attended one event a few years back when I first moved in with my dad but didnt think it was much my style...

Well - we do have a deaf church service on Sunday mornings there. 10:00 for a breakfast of sort, then a service at 10:30. To me, it's more like a bible study. All of it is done in ASL. There is sometimes an interpreter who will voice it since I don't know enough ASL and I do read lips. I know most of the club is older, but I was told that the Saturday games and such were for the younger crowd and the church is more the younger and middle aged crowd. I fit into the middle aged crowd. I do go to their deaf church now. Been there for 3 weeks now.

Other than that, I was told that there was a deaf chat in the cafe' court at the Boynton Beach Mall on I think the first Monday night each month at 7 or 7:30 pm. I will have to check on that.

Well - we do have a deaf church service on Sunday mornings there. 10:00 for a breakfast of sort, then a service at 10:30. To me, it's more like a bible study. All of it is done in ASL. There is sometimes an interpreter who will voice it since I don't know enough ASL and I do read lips. I know most of the club is older, but I was told that the Saturday games and such were for the younger crowd and the church is more the younger and middle aged crowd. I fit into the middle aged crowd. I do go to their deaf church now. Been there for 3 weeks now.

Other than that, I was told that there was a deaf chat in the cafe' court at the Boynton Beach Mall on I think the first Monday night each month at 7 or 7:30 pm. I will have to check on that.

I am Jewish so I dont think Id fit into the church lol, id like to know more about the Boynton beach mall thing!:ty:

I am Jewish so I dont think Id fit into the church lol, id like to know more about the Boynton beach mall thing!:ty:

Okay - I understand about the church portion and will respect that. I grew up Episcopalian and married into the Church of God.

Now, I found my note from the ASL class I took at the Deaf Service Center and it says, Boynton Beach Mall, Food Court, Monday nights 7-9pm. I have not been since when I first found out about it, I had to drive MIL to her weight loss group. She hasn't been to that in quite a while and I had actually forgotten about it. MIL is thinking about starting her diet again and going back to the group on Monday nights. She just has absolute zero will power and chooses the wrong kinds of diets. She has over 100 pounds to lose. At 74, I don't see that happening. I myself have 80 to lose and it's hard for me.

I understand what you mean about weight loss, it can be very hard! I wish you luck!

Back