Looking to learn, understand and meet people!

Relytteem

Reaction score
Hey,
My name is Tyler. I am gay, 23 yo and currently in nursing school. I am not deaf but am totally looking to learn as much as I can about it. I am working on learning sign language as we were all encouraged to master a second language for nursing school as it is very needed. I thought why not sign :). I worked in a group home with a guy who had some mental disabilities and also could not hear. Interacting and learning from him was awesome. Would love to chat with anybody willing! Hope all is well!

Tyler

Hey,
My name is Tyler. I am gay, 23 yo and currently in nursing school. I am not deaf but am totally looking to learn as much as I can about it. I am working on learning sign language as we were all encouraged to master a second language for nursing school as it is very needed. I thought why not sign :). I worked in a group home with a guy who had some mental disabilities and also could not hear. Interacting and learning from him was awesome. Would love to chat with anybody willing! Hope all is well!

Tyler

Hi there. Do you attend nursing school at Creighton?

Yes i do, are you familiar with Creighton?

Of course I am ! I live practically next door!

Not really, I live in Iowa, but they have a good program for the RNP, that my daughter considered.

Of course I am ! I live practically next door!

Not really, I live in Iowa, but they have a good program for the RNP, that my daughter considered.

Very Nice! Yes I am in the accelerated program. 1 year, started in January. Very busy but excited to be done by the end of the year :)

It's a pleasure to meet you Tyler :)
My name is Justin, I'm gay and I'm 24 years old.
oh and I'm hard of hearing meaning I'm deaf in one ear and use a hearing aid in the other.

I'd be happy to meet your acquaintance Tyler haha. It's always cool to hear hearing people who are intrigued in learning ASL. I would be willing to teach you as much as I can =D

It's a pleasure to meet you Tyler :)
My name is Justin, I'm gay and I'm 24 years old.
oh and I'm hard of hearing meaning I'm deaf in one ear and use a hearing aid in the other.

I'd be happy to meet your acquaintance Tyler haha. It's always cool to hear hearing people who are intrigued in learning ASL. I would be willing to teach you as much as I can =D

Nice to meet you! I definitely have questions about it but cannot figure out how to message people lol!

I figured how to message people haha thanks to the FAQ. I tried messaging you but I guess you have it off, to turn it on you do this:

1. Go to User CP which is located at the top left of this page.
2. Go to Edit Option and in there you should find "Messaging & Notification" check "Enable Private Messaging" and volia you can message me.

If you don't know how to message, you do this:

1. Go to User CP which is located at the top left of this page.
2. Go to "Send New Message" and in there you'll find a box "Recipient Username(s)" input my username "I Shed Misery" and from there you can message me.

LOL sorry for the LONG instructions. vBulletin boards can be sorta confusing unlike the invisionboards. I know you're like HUH excuse my nerdness lmao

Im not seeing the "Send New Message." It says I'm restricted from there. I have the enable private messaging option selected though!

Not to be your yenta, children, but you need to have made 10 posts to use the PM feature. :)

we were all encouraged to master a second language for nursing school as it is very needed. I thought why not sign . I worked in a group home with a guy who had some mental disabilities and also could not hear
Did you know that there are nursing and group homes specificly for deaf people?

Did you know that there are nursing and group homes specificly for deaf people?

I actually did not know that. Thats great though! Do you think someone who is deaf would rather be in a nursing home exclusively for deaf people or a place where the nurses are able to communicate and care for their patients all the same (deaf and hearing)?

I sense some flirting going on... heh.
Is the one year program for RN or LVN PVN etc

I will get my BSN in December and then be taking the NCLEX in february. Just finished the first semester today, start the summer semester on my birthday (may 14th)! Woohoo

Wirelessly posted

Relytteem said:
I will get my BSN in December and then be taking the NCLEX in february. Just finished the first semester today, start the summer semester on my birthday (may 14th)! Woohoo

Hi Tyler, Im a RN too but not in US.lol.. I've been currently working as ER nurse in one of the Hospitals here in the Philippines. I am also interested to learn languages of deaf people and was planning hopefully I could enroll in SPED class. :)

Back