Looking for something, but I dont what its called

tigersharkdude

Reaction score
Question: As you know I am deaf/hoh (duh), and my mother doesnt know any ASL because she works nearly 12 hours a day/5 days a week.
So my question is, does anybody know of any software for my computer or an app for my phone that would allow her to speak into and would translate her spoken word into written word?

I would love to find something for my phone, so that I could you use it to communicate with other people as well.

I use the iphone app from this company -- sometimes hits, sometimes not, never tried the speech recognition software for MAC or PC, though.

GoogleVoice translates my phone messages into email -- very funny results sometimes.

You can get captel phone. You can look it up. I have one. what does it do? You or your mom make a call, the call goes thru relay. the relay is never spoken only type what your mom says and it type on the screen of your telphone. But my question is I dont know if you can speak. If you do then you are in luck. You can talk to your mom like a normal person. then your mom talk and the relay type what she says. So I hope this help. CapTel - The Captioned Telephone | Hearing Impaired, Hard of Hearing, Hearing Loss, Phones, Captioning Where is the website and hope it help.

I use the iphone app from this company -- sometimes hits, sometimes not, never tried the speech recognition software for MAC or PC, though.

GoogleVoice translates my phone messages into email -- very funny results sometimes.

What kind of funny results? Misspelled words? Is this something you have to pay for? I'd be interested in this service if it were free.

Back