Looking for some signing buddies!

Fire_Fly

Reaction score
Hello friends! I am hearing and have taken a few ASL classes. I love ASL! I chose to take the classes because of a bad experience. I worked for a retail place and a Deaf guy came up to ring out. Well I took my time with him and made sure he found all he needed. of course the conversation was all written. I guess the guy really felt comfortable with his experience, he kept coming back looking for me. One day he came in and my manager became extremely impatient and started yelling at him. I tried to break through and explain to my manager that this customer was my deaf. My manager shouted back no he isn't and carried on. The guy left humiliated and nearly in tears. From that day I knew I wanted to learn ASL. I wanted to be able to communicate, I wanted to help others understand! Well it has been over a year since I have used my ASL in conversation. After a visit to the store and an 1/2 Hour conversation with another deaf guy I realized my ASL is lacking and I need more practice! So here I am, looking for a friend or friends to sign with me online!

Hello friends! I am hearing and have taken a few ASL classes. I love ASL! I chose to take the classes because of a bad experience. I worked for a retail place and a Deaf guy came up to ring out. Well I took my time with him and made sure he found all he needed. of course the conversation was all written. I guess the guy really felt comfortable with his experience, he kept coming back looking for me. One day he came in and my manager became extremely impatient and started yelling at him. I tried to break through and explain to my manager that this customer was my deaf. My manager shouted back no he isn't and carried on. The guy left humiliated and nearly in tears. From that day I knew I wanted to learn ASL. I wanted to be able to communicate, I wanted to help others understand! Well it has been over a year since I have used my ASL in conversation. After a visit to the store and an 1/2 Hour conversation with another deaf guy I realized my ASL is lacking and I need more practice! So here I am, looking for a friend or friends to sign with me online!
hey, im chris, skype- chrischinocan if you want

Thanks

I'm hard of hearing and I thought it was very kind of you to help the guy that was deaf most people for example your boss would do just what they did, yell and scream and say he or she isn't deaf. Good luck in your search for a signing friend. -smiles- Not many people know how to be patient.

:wave:

Any chance you remember that deaf customer's name? I think it would be nice for him to know you thought of him.

Anyhow, who knows you may run into him again someday.

Back