looking for sidekick alternative

moveright

Reaction score
I have a blackberry 8703e and I can't type well with it. the sidekick fits my hand really well and I can type well but I'm afraid to switch to tmobile because I hear bad things.

I want to get something that has rubbery buttons not too close together that I can type on well. what should I get???

I have a sidekick but she's at work right now. :giggle:

What bad things have you heard about T-Mobile?

What provider are you using right now?

I've heard bad things about all phone companies. It's just a matter of what those issues are about. Sometimes, those bad things don't really concern deaf people or the plans that deaf people want.

What bad things have you heard about T-Mobile?

Well I just recently purchased a Sidekick 3 (using the $50 rebate ad from Fuse-Wireless...same ad on Deaf Pagers.com).....Phone is fine and I like the service (Unlimited Sidekick Data plan-no-voice- $29.99/mo),

BUT........
Here is a clip from the rebate form as to what constitutes a qualified plan for the rebate:

A qualified rate plan is (a) any individual or
business enterprise Voice and Data rate plan with
a monthly access fee of at least $34.99/mo. per
line of service, (b) any FamilyTime® rate plan of at
least $49.99/mo. for up to 5 lines of service, or (c)
a Sidekick Voice-Barred/Hearing Impaired rate
plan with a fee of $29.98/mo per line.

I sent in all the required stuff i.e. copy original purchase, original barcode off the box, signed a 2 yr agreement,etc. ....and this was T-Mobiles responce for denying my claim:

We regret that we are unable to process your request as recieved. This rebate requires that you currently are on T-Mobile wireless calling plan with a minimum monthly charge as specified on your rebate form and upgrade contract length. Service must be active on the qualified rate plan at the time the request is processed to be eligible.

According to our records your currently monthly rate plan is $29.99

So BEWARE! folks........
T-Mobile appears to be NOT honoring their rebate offers..............at least for Deaf/HoH plans

A less than satified customer to be sure......I have a number to argue with them, but i have to wait till I see a hearing member of my family to do it for me as I can't hear on a phone to call them.........
Heh, :pissed: ........the very reason I got a sidekick to begin with........

yeah my rebate offer was declined, but I didn't care. I got my SK3 from fusewireless.com so I already saved plenty of money.

I've been really happy with my SK3 for the most part. Yeah a few times I've had to call TMobile customer service via internet relay, but they have always been helpful every time I "called" and took care of my problems.
If you order from Fusewireless, don't assume that your SK will come without voice capabilities. I already paid for a data only plan, but still have voice capabilities (god knows how many times random people tried to call me on my SK, good thing I was able to ignore the calls). And the voicemail was hell. Finally I called Tmobile on Friday, and they completely disabled the voice capability after I got a voicemail message (even though voicemail was supposed to be turned off).

But I haven't had too many problems with my SK. Have dropped it a few times on accident, but it still works great. Still intact. I use it everyday with very little to no problems.

So, what did you want to do?

You're saying that you're paying $29.99 per month. The coupon is offering you $29.98 per month. That's a difference of 1 penny per month.

Vam,
No No that's not what I meant.......they're saying I don't qualify for the $50 rebate they offered on the purchase of the phone because I pay $29.99 when I clearly qualify under one of the 3 options(c) I posted........

What will I do ...probably nothing....signed a 2 yr contract & I'm reasonably satisified with the phone & service........like cdmeggers above I'm just letting people know some facts about some of these offers.
Don't plan on the rebate being honored.............You decide if you like the offer well enough to pay the price without the rebate,because you might not get it.

:(

Vam,
No No that's not what I meant.......they're saying I don't qualify for the $50 rebate they offered on the purchase of the phone because I pay $29.99 when I clearly qualify under one of the 3 options(c) I posted........

What will I do ...probably nothing....signed a 2 yr contract & I'm reasonably satisified with the phone & service........like cdmeggers above I'm just letting people know some facts about some of these offers.
Don't plan on the rebate being honored.............You decide if you like the offer well enough to pay the price without the rebate,because you might not get it.

:(
Hmm... You're on the $29.99 phone plan. The rebate is for the $29.98 phone plan. I guess that's why you don't qualify. ;)

if you get it through fusewireless, it's cheap enough anyway ($169 total was what I paid). If you buy through T-Mobile, it's much more pricey. So I don't really care about the rebate thing. Was still a good deal through Fusewireless.

Back