Looking for minivan

I pick newer (2000 and up) Voyager/Caravan vans over Quest/Villager vans... one reason is they (mini Chrysler vans) use OHV engines. The Mercury Villagers use a 3.0L, 3.3L and 3.5L V6 SOHC engines. Both Nissan/Chrysler mini vans are good as well. Chrylser mini vans are excellent for disabled/HC drivers cuz they are easy to modding the liftgates/ramps and more comfy room for the electric wheelchairs

I do a lot of bicycles so I would want more space. That is why I'm trying to get Caravan/Voyager as opposed to Quest/Villager.

The only most reliable minivan is the Toyota Previa. They can last pretty much forever but the cons is the access to the engine oil filler cap. Most of the servicing is in the front hood where you can fill wiper fluid, transmission fluid, etc. I'm not exactly sure, tho. Just get a good reliable Toyota or Honda sedan/coupe for more than $3,000-5,000 and get over it. I noticed you keep changing cars too often, it's not good for your funds. I bought my 2000 Honda for $13,000 and it has been VERY reliable for me since. NO major problems since. My last car payment is next month then I'm paid for! Yay!

As for bicycles, just get a huge bicycle rack on the top of the car, lol.

I worry about leaving bikes outside with no cap as they can be stolen.

Also, what I had was a basic Jane truck.

Just add cap and it was not hard to do it and it's cheap than minivan.

cleanram01.jpg

It's looks nice and better than minivan.

The only most reliable minivan is the Toyota Previa. They can last pretty much forever but the cons is the access to the engine oil filler cap. Most of the servicing is in the front hood where you can fill wiper fluid, transmission fluid, etc. I'm not exactly sure, tho. Just get a good reliable Toyota or Honda sedan/coupe for more than $3,000-5,000 and get over it. I noticed you keep changing cars too often, it's not good for your funds. I bought my 2000 Honda for $13,000 and it has been VERY reliable for me since. NO major problems since. My last car payment is next month then I'm paid for! Yay!

As for bicycles, just get a huge bicycle rack on the top of the car, lol.

Good luck with recumbent.

I hate to tell you. I used work at GM/Chrysler dealership. Chrysler 2008 or newer still famous problem with PCM and electric and they need replaced a new wired or PCM or overwrite/update firmware. Too many list to write down.

Yes, it's true about easy to modding for the electric/hydraulic wheelchairs.

Of course, they(customers) complains driveability problems then the technicians at the dealerships, flash or update the PCMs or other modules per TSB (technical service bulletins) to solving the driveability problems. They cover them under warranty.

The older dodge caravans are junk! had a '89 and hated it. '90's and older which is in your price range. The late newer ones in 00's appears to be better but has electrical issues.
have you looked at kia sedona's base models? They have best tow rating and in my opinion less electronic junks. if you can get 2005-2006 they have better mileage then 2007-2011. same engine,tranny but only difference is chip setting for epa regulations. better epa settings=less mileage.

With gas prices going up now to over 4 bucks a gallon soon, I'd hold off a caravan. There is no telling if prices for gas will go back down under 4 or not before or after labor day.

Agreed... one caution about Kia Sedona... I've seen the Kia have problems with automatic trannies(common in electrical issues) and cat converters for MIL on for code P0420/P0430,, what years I see is 2000 to 2007.

Gas mileage is barely difference.

I had couple F150 with 4.9L 300 with 5 speed they get almost 20-23 mpg HIGHWAY. Minivan only get like 23-27 mpg.

GET BED CAP from Craigslist I see them go for $50-250 and you could add lock on it.

I've seen pick up trucks with bicycles mounts to the bed of the truck, you can fit up to 4 or 5 bicycles no problems. Even a bike rack on top of the truck cab as well. You can also install mounts on the cap as well. Best to get a reliable pick up truck than a boring minivan.

I had the unfortunate event of buying the Caravan not knowing that title was forgery. Now out of van and money. At least, I've the phone # so hopefully that will lead the police to the suspect.

I had the unfortunate event of buying the Caravan not knowing that title was forgery. Now out of van and money. At least, I've the phone # so hopefully that will lead the police to the suspect.

Now you know why spending $35 for a one-year membership to Carfax is worth every penny.

Back