Looking for help...

We had our IEP meeting this week and we were able to get access to the FM system over the summer thanks to the advice I was given from you! As with the aid, we plan to use it only when she is willing. I do not want to force anything on her at this age that might make her uncooperative.

I am looking into local deaf activities and we have a few things we will be attending over the summer including a family learning day next month for all of us. Unfortunately we live in a smaller urban area and we do not have a local deaf school. The nearest one is about 80 miles away so we are limited to functions over the summer but we are definitely going to be exposing her as much as possible to deaf culture.

I'm happy to read the IEP went well and that you were able to get the FM for use during the summer. What kind of placement is she in? How long has she been wearing a hearing aid for?

That's wonderful that you plan on pursuing activities for your daughter to have more exposure to others DHH children and to Deaf culture. It will be wonderful for you too. :)

Do you have a local dhh program rather then a school? Smaller urban areas should have some form of dhh program....lots of suburban areas do.

Back