Looking for deaf friends

hmorris6

Reaction score
Hello:wave:
I am new to this website and was trying to make friends with some deaf people. I am very interested in the culture and am learning to sign. One day I want to run a summer camp for deaf children and have a fun place for families to come and enjoy themselves. I dont know any deaf people and would love to get to know a few people on here and near me.

What you need to do is go to the ASL class and learn about the deaf/hard of hearing people and the Deaf Culture. You might end up doing more harm to the d/Deaf and hard of hearing people if you are becoming audist. It is best if you go to the ASL class. There is lot of Deaf communities in Illinois. You just have to find the Deaf event where you can sign with them, but first go to the ASL class. That is twice repeats or third I have said about classes. So get moving.

Hello! I am not deaf but I am hard of hearing. I grew up in a hearing family so I speak, but I also learned to sign though no one in my family signs. If you want to practice ASL you can practice with me :) Though my signing is a bit more on the poor side since very few people in my life sign. I am glad you are taking an interest in the community and want to help :) I think it is very sweet of you :)

What you need to do is go to the ASL class and learn about the deaf/hard of hearing people and the Deaf Culture. You might end up doing more harm to the d/Deaf and hard of hearing people if you are becoming audist. It is best if you go to the ASL class. There is lot of Deaf communities in Illinois. You just have to find the Deaf event where you can sign with them, but first go to the ASL class. That is twice repeats or third I have said about classes. So get moving.

Why would you think that i was becoming audist? I dont want people to think that i look down on the deaf communities because i really dont. Is it how i said something?

Hello! I am not deaf but I am hard of hearing. I grew up in a hearing family so I speak, but I also learned to sign though no one in my family signs. If you want to practice ASL you can practice with me :) Though my signing is a bit more on the poor side since very few people in my life sign. I am glad you are taking an interest in the community and want to help :) I think it is very sweet of you :)

Hello welcome to alldeaf

• ASL • American Sign Language
ASLPro.com Home
ASL Browser
Signing Savvy | ASL Sign Language Video Dictionary

Whoa Smithtr...the signing savvy site is great! Thanks. I like the ASL.American Sign Language site as well, though it seems to be more oriented to the west coast than the east. It's a really good introduction.

Whoa Smithtr...the signing savvy site is great! Thanks. I like the ASL.American Sign Language site as well, though it seems to be more oriented to the west coast than the east. It's a really good introduction.

your welcome!! no problem! I assistant to help you!

you let know me I can help you :)

you like ASL American Sign language sites

Back