Looking for Community in Portland, OR

LindaG

Reaction score
Hello! I am moving to Portland, OR in a few weeks. I'm looking to meet new people and find roommate(s). My background: my degree is in Deaf Education and I taught (many years ago) at the Phoenix Day School for the Deaf and the California School for the Deaf, Riverside. Though I was born hearing, I now have a moderate bilateral, high frequency, sensorineural loss. After some other life plot twists, I'll be staring school at PCC on 1/8 to earn my degree in ASL/English Interpreting. I would love to find Deaf or HoH roommate(s) so I can continue my education outside of the classroom, make friends in the area, and maybe save a little $$ on rent by splitting it. If anyone is interested in this idea or has any leads, I'd really appreciate it! I'm going to be in Portland this Saturday (11/11) and flying out Wednesday (11/15). I move to Portland for Good on 11/29. Full disclosure: it's been 26 years since I signed on a regular basis. I'm rusty but really wanting to get my groove back! I can't wait to start my next chapter and to meet people from this site. Thanks so much!

Back