Looking for audi suggestions in NoVa/greater D.C. area

Beach girl

Reaction score
At LoveBlue's excellent suggestion, I'm starting a thread for audio suggestions in the NoVA or greater D.C. area generally. Mods, is it ok to ask for specific names or offices, or should the specifics be via PMs? I'm OK with it either way.

I like my audi well enough. She is in McLean, if anybody is interested. The office has 3 audis; they all have their PhDs, I think. For sure at least 2 of the 3 do. However, I sometimes wonder if they are all up to speed on the latest technology. Or possibly they don't mention various things because I'm retired now and don't have the same requirements as when I was working.

My home-town audi was absolutely excellent in that way (she is in southwestern Michigan), but since she is 800 miles away from me, that's a bit far to have regular appointments.

Suggestions welcome.

Suggestions also welcome for any audis within 50 miles or so of the Outer Banks of N.C.

One good resource to get audi services are schools for the Deaf. I get mine through Clarke in Noho.....and I love it b/c they are experianced with young dhh people, and I'm not pressured to get old person aids or some dumbassed aid b/c it has a switch..
You could try Gally's audi services. Those are top notch!

That's an idea. I'll look into it. They aren't terribly convenient to me, though.

At LoveBlue's excellent suggestion, I'm starting a thread for audio suggestions in the NoVA or greater D.C. area generally. Mods, is it ok to ask for specific names or offices, or should the specifics be via PMs? I'm OK with it either way.

I like my audi well enough. She is in McLean, if anybody is interested. The office has 3 audis; they all have their PhDs, I think. For sure at least 2 of the 3 do. However, I sometimes wonder if they are all up to speed on the latest technology. Or possibly they don't mention various things because I'm retired now and don't have the same requirements as when I was working.

My home-town audi was absolutely excellent in that way (she is in southwestern Michigan), but since she is 800 miles away from me, that's a bit far to have regular appointments.

Suggestions welcome.

Suggestions also welcome for any audis within 50 miles or so of the Outer Banks of N.C.

Where in Southwest, Michigan? My girlfriend lives in Michigan.

I'll PM you, not quite sure of the rules about publicly recommending specific people here. Mods, is it ok to mention by name specific audis or ENTs or other professionals, either positively or negatively?

My girlfriend lives in Hudsonville, MI to be exact. Most interested in knowing which town the audiologist was located in. It's ok to discuss audiologist here or on PM. Either way is fine. Of course, I am not a moderator.....

Just sent you a PM.

Hudsonville is about an hour and a half north of St. Joseph, where the audi I like practices. A little far, but not impossible.

Back