Looking for an asl tutor for my daughter

matt43

Reaction score
Hi, my 12 year old daughter (Pica) has been teaching herself ASL via Youtube for a while now, purely out of interest. She is a sweet, shy, and beautifully motivated kid who loves learning. We live in Toronto, and I'm having a lot of difficulty finding a tutor/teacher, or even classes that would suit her. I would love if anyone had suggestions to help me. Thanks so much!

I live really far from where you guys live, but I can recommend some sites that may help her and some books as well. There's also asl games geared towards children that I can check out and also recommend.
I'm hard of hearing and started ASL classes this year but I was actually self learning before classes and outside of class I constantly do things to advance my signing skills.

Hey, my daughter and I are learning together and are located in Toronto. We're also self teaching from youtube (Bill Vicars) Lifeprint.com, Signing Time for my daughter, plus some other DVD's and books. I also found it hard to find classes for my daughter and I. Adult classes are so expensive and don't suit my work schedule.. and I could only ever find baby singing/toddler classes... nothing for older kids.. Anyway maybe we could do a meet up and all sign together once in awhile!

Also, George Brown College has a large Deaf Studies and Interpreting Program, you could probably get a student tutor for cheap!

Back