Looking for a Place in Austin

BeatriceB

Reaction score
I'm not sure which category to put this in so if I'm in the wrong spot, let me know or move me.

I'm contemplating a move to Austin, TX, to be closer to my sister and go back to school. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone other than my sister in Austin and she doesn't have room in her home for me so I need to find an apartment or a shared house. Is there anyone in Austin who might be looking for a roommate or knows someone who is? Deaf or hearing, it doesn't matter, although I am really used to living with deaf people.

It needs to be really affordable since I will have to start from scratch in terms of earning money. I'll move my online business down there with me, but I'll start looking for jobs as well. Move-in date can be anytime starting January so we can get past all the holidays and stuff.

Thank you in advance, I hope that this message works!

Hi Beatrice,

I hope you get this message since your message is a year old now. We have similar situations here.

I was looking for information on where I can post up ads (I am seeking a roommate in Austin.) That when I came across to your message here. I must say this, we are so much alike. I want to be close with my sister and continue with my education there too. I don’t know if you are aware that the college tuitions in Texas supposedly waived only for the deaf/hoh residents. Obviously I want to take an advantage of it. And other thing, I tried to have online business. Then I ended up working a full time job. Bye the way, your handmade jewelry is impressive :)

I hope it is ok with you to ask some questions, and if you can share your experience of your searching home and employment in Austin. I found your contact information from your website and according to your blog, apparently you are still in Ohio. May I ask, what happened with your plans, why you did not move there, and what was your obstacle?

I hope I reach out to you here.

Back