looking for a friend

Wirelessly posted

The attitude I have is because of how people are acting towards whom I want to be friends with online. I understand why BUT I don't really care, I have plenty of older adults around me daily and an infant I'm never around people my age I can relate to and thats all I'm looking for, not advice from someone who WAS in my shoes and not bashing from someone pissed off that I don't feel like chatting with. This entire thing is stupid.

Wirelessly posted

The attitude I have is because of how people are acting towards whom I want to be friends with online. I understand why BUT I don't really care, I have plenty of older adults around me daily and an infant I'm never around people my age I can relate to and thats all I'm looking for, not advice from someone who WAS in my shoes and not bashing from someone pissed off that I don't feel like chatting with. This entire thing is stupid.

:lol: There aren't any other 22 year old mothers here...

You are just wasting your time here. No one really cares or is pissed off.

We are just mocking you.

You do not understand how this forum work!
she even said that herself
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forums (I'm rarely online as it is so this is hard to navigate lol) I'm 22 with a 4 month son and I'm looking for people to talk to maybe text. Only around my age please that's all I'm comfortable with.

The only one I see getting pissed off is you... As you can clearly see everyone is older than you except one close to your age but still older. Call me an asshole if you wish, but we are seeing some true colors.

Wirelessly posted

Exactly I am busy with my baby which is why I wasn't replying. I came here to look for friends my own age, I'm not looking to talk to older people deaf or not. I have no interest in that, what's the big deal? if someone specified wanting to talk to someone only located in Florida is someone from another state going to be offended because they can't reply? How stupid. As many of you know there aren't too many sites for young deaf people to go on and talk to.

I am very happy to hear you where busy with your baby and I knew this was why you had not reply sooner. As for going to or living Florida , I have never been there and have no interest in going there. I just found a list of forums 20 's yo you did not look very hard.

Wirelessly posted

Assholes with assholes woooooo

And this the kind of example you want to give your child??? You need to be careful what you post, you could be called an unfit mother if you keep this up when your child start going to school. And with a mouth like your you do not need an asshole.

Last edited:
she even said that herself
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forums (I'm rarely online as it is so this is hard to navigate lol) I'm 22 with a 4 month son and I'm looking for people to talk to maybe text. Only around my age please that's all I'm comfortable with.

You know how us old folks are, we can be very forgetful and feebleminded .

Wirelessly posted

That's YOUR preference. Good for you.

I reading to you comments.. I see you you pathetic. why not not afraid you.
I think so you want to up to talk to me. . we hear news
Please grow up on you mind! serious you are younger reason! you know immature. that is inappropriate. you should be polite don't to say.

I reading to you comments.. I see you you pathetic. why not not afraid you.
I think so you want to up to talk to me. . we hear news
Please grow up on you mind! serious you are younger reason! you know immature. that is inappropriate. you should be polite don't to say.

Yea, thats the kind of things 16 year old kids say not 22 year old mothers.

But damn we have skills to navigate this site pretty freely !!!!
I love y'all, youre a great bunch here !!!

And we have the rights to response to any comment and every comments made here no matter how old or younger we're. It's called Freedom of Speech! The OP should have paid better attention in high school instead of checking out guys.

Hi Christine,
I like your post because I love to write too and I love self-deprecating humor. I once published a book using that kind of humor. I am hearing but with a strong interest in the deaf culture and signing. I am learning on Lifeprints but my first experience last night on a deaf meeting was a little disappointing. I wonder if I should continue because I felt lost. My daughter is also hearing but she is a teacher and learned it. She offered to practice with me once in a while on Skype. If you can enjoy writing to people older than you and maybe Skype once in a while, that would be fantastic. My Skype name is harryphilippe.

Well I talk to everyone - young or old. hahaha and I write very long messages when I post on forms. It's my flaw. Totally making fun of myself by the way. I always shake my head and laugh at myself a little when I finally stop typing a response to someone on the forum and I look down and I have 3 short paragraphs in front of me.....

I'm 25, Deaf as well (although I am late-deafened) - and I get what you mean because often you can relate closely to people near your age - not judging your OP :)

I went on a field trip to see the White House with some kids my age and the only time I really enjoyed myself was when I was on elevator with some people older than. I found kids my age to be too immature . One of my best friend was a neighbor that was old enough to be my mother. Maybe kids are more mature today but I doubt it from reading the OP comments .

Age is a NUMBER!!! I have friends who are teenagers all the way to elders. Who the f*** care about age! You might learn a lot from a mother who already have kids when you're young. That's HOW a FORUM works, period.

Age is a NUMBER!!! I have friends who are teenagers all the way to elders. Who the f*** care about age! You might learn a lot from a mother who already have kids when you're young. That's HOW a FORUM works, period.
Exactly !

I went on a field trip to see the White House with some kids my age and the only time I really enjoyed myself was when I was on elevator with some people older than. I found kids my age to be too immature . One of my best friend was a neighbor that was old enough to be my mother. Maybe kids are more mature today but I doubt it from reading the OP comments .

I definitely have friends who are both older and younger than me. My running partner is 34 and I met her in undergrad. My favorite photographer friend to talk with has white hair... somewhere around age 60. But at the same time chatting about life with someone who doesn't know what they want to do with their life can be frustrating because they're much more focused on frat parties and "younger" things. Older people are harder to relate to sometimes because I can't talk about my experience with marital problems or a settled life. I get excited about talking about finding my first house with my boyfriend or the latest development with my new business photographing engaged couples, maternity, or a new offer to photograph for MTV (my clients are also young and the artists I photograph relate to younger populations)... or a personal best while I train for a half marathon. These are things that my age group relates to best. I search these things and MOST of the people who are in those searches are closer to my age.

Like I said, I understand the OP, and I think finding people you relate to CAN be closer to your age. It's a good start, but searching for terms under "new mom" or "parenting" or topics you like is better if that's what you think your life is about.

Hey, when I was 17, I had a pretty small age range of people whom I would want to date.

I don't have that any more. I've became quite mellow at age of 36 now. If she only wants to talk to other 17 years old, fine. I'll just stay out of way.

it is whoa it sound look likes immature pretty kid life your own control. It is very pretty crazy, whoa is very people have irresponsiblity and stubborn cause own control.
always miserable to behavior.. your mind on always life. it is very hard your find out your adjust. It is interesting kids on adjustment. how your life!

Back