Looking For A Forum For Those Who Are Blind

GraysonPeddie

Eye/Hear/Speech Impaired
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi. I'm looking for a forum that is blind-related, just like AllDeaf. I know I can do a Google search for myself, but I just got tired looking through the Internet to see if there's any weather-related websites that are way less complex than Weather.com and AccuWeather.com. Browsing through a website with a bunch of nested tables (table within a table in HTML) is very cumbersome. This is not a problem with the screen reader (I use Orca under Ubuntu Linux). It's the problem with the web developers for those websites that did not properly design websites with accessibility in mind (okay, some web developers design websites with accessibility in mind and it's not my place to blame those that aren't). Of course, this can be contraversary (don't know the correct spelling), so I will leave this argument in its own thread.

So anyway, are there any forums that are blind-related?

Last edited:
Check out the blindness communities on livejournal. They're the most active i've seen, hands down.

BlindWorld.FreeForums.org appears to be done without any reason why...

I think the last time the forum appeared to be down is they seem to change the look of the theme and then add back the generic theme to the forum.

BlindWorld.FreeForums.org appears to be done without any reason why...

I think the last time the forum appeared to be down is they seem to change the look of the theme and then add back the generic theme to the forum.

For some reason, I can't register on Blindworld -- and this was shortly after the site first began.

Grayson,

FYI, Blindworld is back up and running. I just registered a few minutes ago.

Thank you for the help, sorry about the trouble with blindworld, yes, there were a lot of changes made, but if they go down again it's the server updating itself. *smile*

Thank you for the help, sorry about the trouble with blindworld, yes, there were a lot of changes made, but if they go down again it's the server updating itself.
:wave: I have not been able to sign in since 3/30/09, Moanday. :(

Anyone know a way to contact Admin over there?

Back