Looking at moving to the states

Warning: Insufficent data....command failed.

What Im looking for

Hi

Im a legal sectary thats hoh, oral, cued speech, fingerspeller, that needs a wheelchair friendly deaf club and city

My best suggestion would be as far as wheelchair access to find 'newer' cities, the others ones are grandfathered in the accessibility laws.

Even Jacksonville (FL) has many places with poor accessibly, including (but not limited to) lack of ramps, lack of elevators, non automatic doors, hallways too small, few wide (utility) sidewalks, sidewalks not present.

And Jacksonville (FL) is considered moderately-friendly for mobility issues!

As far as court goes I've never been in a courtroom even for traffic court that did not have an army of interpreters for different languages including ASL.

St. Augustine (oldest city/historic district) is much worse as all of the buildings that are worth going to are on cobblestone and have no elevators anywhere that I noticed.

No clue about any deaf clubs or groups.

Why don't you get the United States of America map and just close your eyes and put your forefinger in the spot and see if you think there is a place for you to meet deaf and handicapped ramps and everything. The only solution is to visit a city which has access your disabilties to meet your needs is by visiting the place first before you decide to move in. I remembered years ago like 1971, I went to visit Phoenix, Arizonia to see if that is the place for me to live in. I did not like the city. So I went back home and try again the following year and visit Santa Fe, New Mexico and I love it. I moved to Santa Fe, New Mexico in 1973, but then I need to move to another city in Albuquerque where there are more Deaf clubs and Deaf communities. So you just have to go visit first before you move, otherwise you might get stuck if you did not like the place at all. So look around and study the map (not close your eyes and not point your finger on the spot) and find where you want to go. Good luck. :cool2:

Why don't you get the United States of America map and just close your eyes and put your forefinger in the spot and see if you think there is a place for you to meet deaf and handicapped ramps and everything. The only solution is to visit a city which has access your disabilties to meet your needs is by visiting the place first before you decide to move in. I remembered years ago like 1971, I went to visit Phoenix, Arizonia to see if that is the place for me to live in. I did not like the city. So I went back home and try again the following year and visit Santa Fe, New Mexico and I love it. I moved to Santa Fe, New Mexico in 1973, but then I need to move to another city in Albuquerque where there are more Deaf clubs and Deaf communities. So you just have to go visit first before you move, otherwise you might get stuck if you did not like the place at all. So look around and study the map (not close your eyes and not point your finger on the spot) and find where you want to go. Good luck. :cool2:
:gpost::gpost::gpost::gpost:

That's the best advice I've heard.

Back