Look in the Sky...August 27

restless_heart

Reaction score
I hope it is the right place to post this thread...Everyone here have been talking about it whether it is true or not...

27th Aug the Whole World is waiting for............

Planet Mars will be the brightest in the night sky starting August.

It will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. This will culminate on Aug. 27 when Mars comes within 34.65M miles of earth. Be sure to watch the sky on Aug. 27 12:30 am. It will look like the earth has 2 moons. The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287.

Mmmm interesting...maybe we will see one. Or maybe we won't. So what do you think guys? We can do something special that night, maybe camp out in our yard to see two moons once in our lifetime we soon never forget....Or maybe we won't...

I hope it is the right place to post this thread...Everyone here have been talking about it whether it is true or not...

27th Aug the Whole World is waiting for............

Planet Mars will be the brightest in the night sky starting August.

It will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. This will culminate on Aug. 27 when Mars comes within 34.65M miles of earth. Be sure to watch the sky on Aug. 27 12:30 am. It will look like the earth has 2 moons. The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287.

Mmmm interesting...maybe we will see one. Or maybe we won't. So what do you think guys? We can do something special that night, maybe camp out in our yard to see two moons once in our lifetime we soon never forget....Or maybe we won't...

2287!? I won't be alive by then, well, thanks Tess for the info!

2287!? I won't be alive by then, well, thanks Tess for the info!

Funny it didn't say what time excat...12:30 am in east coast or west coast? Or other side of the world.

We will be home from South Carolina in time for this kind of adventure. My son won't be alive either.

once again check your sources before posting.

guess what?

Well ladies and gentlemen, like restless_heart just said in the first post, it was not a hoax after all. I am right outside enjoying watching the mars move past the moon and it looks so pretty and I have captured a image will post it up in few days.

If you have missed it, well shame on you! (No offense, guys)

Well ladies and gentlemen, like restless_heart just said in the first post, it was not a hoax after all. I am right outside enjoying watching the mars move past the moon and it looks so pretty and I have captured a image will post it up in few days.

If you have missed it, well shame on you! (No offense, guys)
I couldn't miss it bec the trees block the view where I am living at.. I was outside and looked at the moon before it went down at 5am into the trees.

well, if you did not miss it out, that's good for you. But, what is with the rubbish and "hoax" stuff? Better start not trusting the internet! :eek3:

that was not mars that went past the moon.. that was the earth that blocked the moon's shine. it was eclipse. not two moons like the hoax said it was. so it was not Mars! no discussion! :)

LUNAR ECLIPSE--FULL COVERAGE: On Tuesday, Aug. 28th, the full Moon will enter Earth's shadow for a 90-minute total eclipse. People on the Pacific side of Earth will have the best view as the Moon turns a dreamy shade of sunset red. Favored areas include the Americas (especially western North America), Hawaii, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, east Asia and Antarctica. The show begins Tuesday morning around 2 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (0900 UT).

Although the dominant color of a lunar eclipse is red, sometimes another hue appears--turquoise. Earth's shadow has a turquoise-colored fringe caused by our planet's ozone layer, and this can be seen for a few beautiful moments at the onset of totality.

and if you looked at the date.. it said 27th that was yesterday.. and today is 28th. so you see it is a hoax after all.

that was not mars that went past the moon.. that was the earth that blocked the moon's shine. it was eclipse. not two moons like the hoax said it was. so it was not Mars! no discussion! :)

LUNAR ECLIPSE--FULL COVERAGE: On Tuesday, Aug. 28th, the full Moon will enter Earth's shadow for a 90-minute total eclipse. People on the Pacific side of Earth will have the best view as the Moon turns a dreamy shade of sunset red. Favored areas include the Americas (especially western North America), Hawaii, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, east Asia and Antarctica. The show begins Tuesday morning around 2 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (0900 UT).

Although the dominant color of a lunar eclipse is red, sometimes another hue appears--turquoise. Earth's shadow has a turquoise-colored fringe caused by our planet's ozone layer, and this can be seen for a few beautiful moments at the onset of totality.

and if you looked at the date.. it said 27th that was yesterday.. and today is 28th. so you see it is a hoax after all.

Okay, okay, to heck with mars hoax, but the details of the lunar eclipse was accurate, otherwise!!

Back