Look Beyond Our Galaxy.

What Look Beyond Our Galaxy means to you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will fix that.

well it is very very mystery! but i vote god because he made a big bang at the begining.. but one big problem is the question .. is that who made god! that is big question.. no one knows.. the answer is simple go make time machine.. like we did one thread somewhere in alldeaf.com hehe it is pretty interesting..

Christianity answers the question of who created God in the very first verse of the very first book, Genesis:

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1)

This verse tells us that God was acting before time when He created the universe. Many other verses from the New Testament tells us that God was acting before time began, and so, He created time, along with the other dimensions of our universe:

* No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. (1 Corinthians 2:7)
* This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time (2 Timothy 1:9)
* The hope of eternal life, which God... promised before the beginning of time (Titus 1:2)
* To the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. (Jude 1:25)

Christianity answers the question of who created God in the very first verse of the very first book, Genesis:

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1)

This verse tells us that God was acting before time when He created the universe. Many other verses from the New Testament tells us that God was acting before time began, and so, He created time, along with the other dimensions of our universe:
where in that verse, chapter, or book does it say what created God? just because God created everything doesn't mean the question is answered.

our human logic says that all things are part of a cause and effect relationship. what came first, chicken or egg? God must have been created somehow. even if he's existed since before time, he must have originated from something. but the Bible says nothing of this. to suggest that God was created by something else makes him fallible; it would make everyone wonder, "then why don't we worship the creator of God instead of God himself?"

so the authors of the Bible avoided the problem by just ignoring it altogether.

this conundrum is present in both the Christian faiths and the big bang theory. whether an old white man with a beard snapped his fingers or a cloud of matter spontaneously sprang into existence, the fact remains that it's still a complete mystery what created the creator of all things.

then again, when looking at extreme conditions such as the origin of the universe, one must be prepared to consider that things don't exactly work the way we think they do; not everything necessarily must have a point of origin. Einstein's theory of relativity shows that under certain conditions, like when one approaches the speed of light, which is theoretically possible, some of our sacred laws of science are bent a bit.

so basically. no one really knows the answer at all. there's no direct evidence; nobody was running a camera at the origin of the universe. if people are ever going to really know how the universe began, it will probably be like 50,000 years from now, after we've figured out how to teleport, create matter at will, travel faster than light and all sorts of other neat, seemingly impossible things.

No one can teleport back time until we get in heaven.

well i never brought up time travel, but now that you mention it...

time travel is certainly possible. you and i are time travelers. we are constantly moving forward through time, into the future. the question is, is it possible to move forward in time faster, or for that matter, slower than everything else? however, traveling to the past, as i understand it, is a much more complex matter.

oh, and also, why do you mention time travel and heaven together? as far as i know, heaven is not a trip to the past or future. rather, it is geographically and temporally completely isolated from corporeal existence. it's like some Nth dimension realm where time does not apply. which, of course, makes it impossible for humans to ever go there or see it, and therefore, impossible to ever prove it exists. you simply have to "believe" in it for some reason, like we do with so many things.

show me a photograph of heaven and i'll start going to church and putting my pennies in the collection plate like a good boy.

well i never brought up time travel, but now that you mention it...

time travel is certainly possible. you and i are time travelers. we are constantly moving forward through time, into the future. the question is, is it possible to move forward in time faster, or for that matter, slower than everything else? however, traveling to the past, as i understand it, is a much more complex matter.

oh, and also, why do you mention time travel and heaven together? as far as i know, heaven is not a trip to the past or future. rather, it is geographically and temporally completely isolated from corporeal existence. it's like some Nth dimension realm where time does not apply. which, of course, makes it impossible for humans to ever go there or see it, and therefore, impossible to ever prove it exists. you simply have to "believe" in it for some reason, like we do with so many things.

show me a photograph of heaven and i'll start going to church and putting my pennies in the collection plate like a good boy.

It is possible, it just depends in what part of the universe you are standing in. A Discovery show had described an Einstein law of physics where gravity is concerned, time slowed as you get nearer the source of some strong gravitational pull. Religion, IMHO is something used by ancient people who could not explain their world, which science is doing today.

Okay. This is a really sticky topic. That is why I don't talk about reglions to one another. Because, we all have our own beliefs. Of course I believe in God. However, I don't think its appropriate for one another to be correcting our beliefs. No one is right or wrong. We all have a destiny...regardless in whatever we believe in. So here's my two cents.

Its just a controversial topic. Always will be.

Okay. This is a really sticky topic. That is why I don't talk about reglions to one another. Because, we all have our own beliefs. Of course I believe in God. However, I don't think its appropriate for one another to be correcting our beliefs. No one is right or wrong. We all have a destiny...regardless in whatever we believe in. So here's my two cents.

Its just a controversial topic. Always will be.
2 things

1. "Of course I believe in God"

you say "of course," like that's the only thing to believe, and you'd be ridiculous to believe in anything else. forshame. :nono:

2. "We all have a destiny"

that depends on your definition of "destiny". if you mean that things happen to us and then we die, then yes. if you mean that everything in our lives has already been predetermined, then i think not. i think that's a potentially destructive way to live that encourages people not to take responsibility for anything they do. if i have a destiny, i can't defy it, so why shouldn't i just act on every depraved notion i've ever had? why shouldn't i rape and murder everyone i see? "it was my destiny".

2 things

1. "Of course I believe in God"

you say "of course," like that's the only thing to believe, and you'd be ridiculous to believe in anything else. forshame. :nono:

2. "We all have a destiny"

that depends on your definition of "destiny". if you mean that things happen to us and then we die, then yes. if you mean that everything in our lives has already been predetermined, then i think not. i think that's a potentially destructive way to live that encourages people not to take responsibility for anything they do. if i have a destiny, i can't defy it, so why shouldn't i just act on every depraved notion i've ever had? why shouldn't i rape and murder everyone i see? "it was my destiny".

You do have a point. To be honest, there's no reason to be debating whether God exists or not. Its what you want to believe in, stick with it. Be happy with life. Go ahead and rape & murder everyone you see... I aint going be the one watching you die on your deathbed and splash holy water on you saying "you'll die in hell!". Not my problem. I don't mean to sound curel or anything. I don't want to be the person to be preaching people about how they should live their lives. It'd be great if everyone had a little thing to believe in. I'm a big believer in Faith. I've doubted it before and I know what Faith can do to me.

So, don't be seeking out any preaching from me, I'm not the person. Ha.

*takes your advice and rapes and murders a bunch of people*

*gets death sentence*

*regrets raping and murdering people while heart explodes from deadly chemical cocktail administered by federal justice system*

I believe it is God is the creator that made this world. ;)

*takes your advice and rapes and murders a bunch of people*

*gets death sentence*

*regrets raping and murdering people while heart explodes from deadly chemical cocktail administered by federal justice system*

very funny. don't you ever take 'life' seriously?

life?

what is this quintessence of dust? man delights not me: no, nor woman neither, though by your smiling you seem to say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back