Long time friends that change to the worse

That -IS - terrible, Shel!

Can relate...had a friend for over 15 years...She always loved Cats...understandable!...but became a hoarder and shunned everyone because her house smelled so bad. I tried to "help" her somewhat to no avail...finally Animal Control went to her house and took all the Cats. A lot of them were sick...her son said she would call him to bury a Cat that had died....
She just turned around and started hoarding more Cats...and told me "to mind my own business"...She won't answer my emails and dropped out of FB...Haven't seen her in a few years, but I do think of her off and on.

Can relate...had a friend for over 15 years...She always loved Cats...understandable!...but became a hoarder and shunned everyone because her house smelled so bad. I tried to "help" her somewhat to no avail...finally Animal Control went to her house and took all the Cats. A lot of them were sick...her son said she would call him to bury a Cat that had died....
She just turned around and started hoarding more Cats...and told me "to mind my own business"...She won't answer my emails and dropped out of FB...Haven't seen her in a few years, but I do think of her off and on.

you can only try and you did

I know some people like that, but I would prefer to not dwell on this. I try to chat with people who have good head on their shoulder.

Hello,

I had friend as know her as well in high school. Two yrs ago, she is not my friend no more. She is involved with old school because he is big mouth to her about me problem and she don't know how stand up to tell him "don't involve or not her problem" and she need s grow up as woman. She and he always troublemaker and lie all the time. They don't understand what situation of problem. She should back off or don't get involve with them. She needs move on. But She still with old school mate. They are big problem. not mine problem. I think let them go and hand off! I haven't heard them Whew! I am so happy and peace out.

Well, I've seen both sides with my friends. Sometimes I feel like they've seen me turn for the worse of it. I'm rebuilding. I'm continuing to rebuild.

Well, I've seen both sides with my friends. Sometimes I feel like they've seen me turn for the worse of it. I'm rebuilding. I'm continuing to rebuild.
Same here, also when I got the chance to get out of the city to the county I practically RAN !!! So much more peacefull in the county, less drama with people. But still has its fair share of crap I just try to avoid it as much as possible... looking to get further out and more secluded.

Same here, also when I got the chance to get out of the city to the county I practically RAN !!! So much more peacefull in the county, less drama with people. But still has its fair share of crap I just try to avoid it as much as possible... looking to get further out and more secluded.

samething got out of city(London)small town now..ditto all you said.
As for friend bit,i think it may happen to many, different parts or times in life when we have different needs..i have two friends I known one for over 50yrs the other 30yrs the one I had for 30yrs has been a judus but if she came to me now I would forgive her as life short

Well, if your friends are not warming up to you after many years of friendship like married to the black man. Then it is good that you need to move on without them. They are not worth of your time. Just be happy if you find other friends who are on your side and be happy. Old friendship don't last forever, only some close friends who you trust can stay with you. Just be happy that you are married to your husband. Not your old friends' business.

By the way, I noticed on the OP's post that it is an old thread back in 2005. Weird. :hmm:

Back