Lohan gets jail time

i agreed!!

Her parents need to shut up.

Seems like they are on the defensive side, aren't they? Immature.
She is their meal ticket. They want her free to work, so she can bring home the moolah. Guess they will have to fend for themselves while she sits in jail. I expect to see them on all the talk shows...

If that's the case, she did it to herself. The public didn't "discard" her. The studios are leery to hire her now and in the near future because she's so unreliable due to her personal problems. If she was clean and sober, without a jail sentence hanging over her head, and showed up on time for all appointments, then studios would probably hire her.

Exactly. The other poster is right. She HAD a promising future. The operative word being "had". She threw that away and everything that is happening to her now is well deserved.

its true!!

Not exactly. A contempt charge is basically ignoring an order. For that, one usually spends a month or so in jail. No more than that. That's par for the course for anybody; Lindsay Lohan included.

I'm not saying she doesn't deserve jail. She does; just not the life sentence Jaime proposed.

Last edited:
I jumped in joy to find out she's going to jail. She deserve it! She's a hot mess. She's unreliable. She's self-centered. She's not getting it.

She is their meal ticket. They want her free to work, so she can bring home the moolah. Guess they will have to fend for themselves while she sits in jail. I expect to see them on all the talk shows...

You are probably right which is sick. Her parents are as responsible for her behavior as she is. They probably indulged her every whim from the time she was a child. Being a spoiled rich kid sure as heck didn't do her any favors.

I jumped in joy to find out she's going to jail. She deserve it! She's a hot mess. She's unreliable. She's self-centered. She's not getting it.

Her problems can be summed up in two words: drug addict. Drug addicts are unreliable. They are self centered and they don't get it. Lets hope this acts as a wake up call for her and she gets the help she needs.

Whoa there, Jamie. She didn't commit a violent crime. She's a self absorbed, spoiled drug addict, who yes, deserved jail time. However, your statement is a bit harsh. Lohan needs a reality check and she needs to get and stay clean!

The sentence for violating her parole falls in line with what the average person gets if they do the same thing. 90 days in jail. So, its fair. It's also well over due.

Okay, who is Jamie?

I'm sorry if you see my comment as bit harsh.

All I'm going to say is who are we all to judge other people's lives? Are misfortunes in people's lives really deserved, regardless of who they are? I'm not defending her by any means, but i'm not cheering for her punishment either.

I really didn't want to respond to this thread but man, really?

Flame away.

All I'm going to say is who are we all to judge other people's lives? Are misfortunes in people's lives really deserved, regardless of who they are? I'm not defending her by any means, but i'm not cheering for her punishment either.

Flame away.

If she broke the laws, she should pay the consequences. Also, all that excessive drinking while underage doesnt make for a good image of her.

Flame away.

I'm actually with you on this. Too many here cast stones on others without knowing the full extent of things. Especially in the deaf interests threads. As far as Lindsay Lohan goes, I am neither her judge nor jury.

I'm actually with you on this. Too many here cast stones on others without knowing the full extent of things. Especially in the deaf interests threads. As far as Lindsay Lohan goes, I am neither her judge nor jury.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of her just as you are.. Also, I am curious to why brought up the deaf interest threads? Most people in this thread dont really go in the deaf interest threads anyway. :dunno:

Last edited:
If she broke the laws, she should pay the consequences. Also, all that excessive drinking while underage doesnt make for a good image of her.

I don't see anywhere in my post where I condone drinking and driving or people not serving the time for their criminal acts.

She's just getting extra attention because she's an actress etc. Plenty of "average" people receive these convictions for their crimes all the time but no one goes out makes a thread about it and judges their life decisions.

Yeah, it's been a well known fact that her parents are a source of her problems. They do need to shut up, she's been pleading for them to both shut up for ages. I'm not saying that's an excuse, because I am a person far from accepting excuses like that.

All I'm saying is that it sucks that she had a promising acting career and it ended up going this way. I enjoyed some of her work. Fame and greed are not always the case for young Hollywood to get hooked on drugs etc. Drugs and alcohol are readily available to them even if they didn't want it. To cover all my bases here, again, I'm not saying that is an acceptable reason. I'm just stating the facts. There are plenty of "washed up" celebs who have talked about how at a young age drugs and alcohol were offered to them and available. That's just a shady side of that industry. And I for one, think that it's sad that this does happen a lot to people who enter the entertainment business. It's not like that is the main driving force for people to enter that business either. I don't think it's fair to make her underage drinking such a taboo when lots of people here and such have done it before too.

My main point is that I don't think it's fair to judge someone's life based on what the media tells you and from their mistakes. I believe that mistakes and life choices like hers can happen to almost anyone. Sometimes things just happen to people and it can change them, no matter who you are, how you were brought up or how your family is.

My view on that changed in November 2009. My high school best friend Carolyn would have been the envy of most, I know I did. Star track athlete, honour roll student, Sunday school teacher and wonderful person in general. Her family was great, and still are. Her father was a Pastor and her mom a Nurse. I used to always copy her homework just before class because I am not a school person, I don't have the attention span for it. Not once in my life did I ever think my best friend would become a crazy alcoholic. We went our separate ways after high school, going to different schools and my family moving to the other end of the city, so we lost touch a bit. We'd see each other every so often and call. In October 2009 just a couple weeks before her birthday on November 1 she called me. She filled me in on her life about how she became crazy Anorexic and Alcoholic. She told me about how she got down to about 80 something pounds and she was like 5'7 or 5'8 on a middle distant runner athletic frame. I couldn't even try to imagine that. She told me some stories about how her drinking hurt her brothers. I couldn't believe it. That wasn't the person I grew up with or idolized. She was telling me about how she had been sent to rehab and had some psych evaluations etc. She told me how she finally got through rehab and was doing great. She was living with her boyfriend that she seemed to really care about and was really happy to turn her life back around. I could tell on the phone that she wasn't really the same person anymore and all that stuff damaged her. She asked me to come visit her and to bring Alicia because she was really happy for me and really wanted to meet her. I couldn't do it because I was too scared to see her because I knew that she wasn't the same person I knew 10 years ago, and well, it just scared me a lot. A couple weeks later her birthday passed, and then a couple weeks later mine passed by too. We always thought that's why we were such great friends, because we were 16 days apart. The weekend of my 27th birthday I went out to the club with Alicia and all my friends, only to run into some of my other high school friends. One asked me for my number and said she had to call me in the morning, I was really confused. The next morning in my inbox I get a message from another old friend informing me that Carolyn passed away suddenly 2 days after my birthday. It was the night of my birthday dinner and it's like I knew something was weird that night. She passed away from a massive seizure. I think it was from all the damage that was done to her body. I can easily say that her funeral was the most difficult day in my life thus far. It's been almost 8 months and just thinking about, talking about it, even typing it now hurts me immensely. And for now, it will always bring me to tears. I know it's something that will take me a very long time to heal from.

Do I think she deserved to pass away? Absolutely not, duh. Do I think she was a person who deserved to become an alcoholic? Absolutely not. She came from a great family and was a great person. When I told my family about it, no one could believe it.

I know I definitely went off on a tangent, but it's to elaborate my point. Yes, Lindsay Lohan deserves her jail sentence as much as anyone else guilty of such crimes. I hope she gets the help she needs. Do I think she deserves to have people jump for joy for her going to jail or that it's her fault she formed addictions? No. I think most people are forgetting that she has an actual problem and that's what really needs to be dealt with, but because she's an actress it comes off that she is spoiled, etc. Hopefully that help will come during her jail term. And hopefully, she will realize that she needs to get the help and wants it, because we all know those are the only conditions an addict needs to satisfy. Sometimes jail is what it takes to send that wakeup call.

Hopefully she can change her life around after this experience and be like DJ AM and T.I. DJ AM just before he passed away, made an MTV show that dealt with teenaged addictions and he helped a lot of kids get the help they needed. T.I. before he went in for his jail term for weapons charges, made a show about helping other kids get out of trouble and do something positive with their lives.

I don't see anywhere in my post where I condone drinking and driving or people not serving the time for their criminal acts.

She's just getting extra attention because she's an actress etc. Plenty of "average" people receive these convictions for their crimes all the time but no one goes out makes a thread about it and judges their life decisions.

Yeah, it's been a well known fact that her parents are a source of her problems. They do need to shut up, she's been pleading for them to both shut up for ages. I'm not saying that's an excuse, because I am a person far from accepting excuses like that.

All I'm saying is that it sucks that she had a promising acting career and it ended up going this way. I enjoyed some of her work. Fame and greed are not always the case for young Hollywood to get hooked on drugs etc. Drugs and alcohol are readily available to them even if they didn't want it. To cover all my bases here, again, I'm not saying that is an acceptable reason. I'm just stating the facts. There are plenty of "washed up" celebs who have talked about how at a young age drugs and alcohol were offered to them and available. That's just a shady side of that industry. And I for one, think that it's sad that this does happen a lot to people who enter the entertainment business. It's not like that is the main driving force for people to enter that business either. I don't think it's fair to make her underage drinking such a taboo when lots of people here and such have done it before too.

My main point is that I don't think it's fair to judge someone's life based on what the media tells you and from their mistakes. I believe that mistakes and life choices like hers can happen to almost anyone. Sometimes things just happen to people and it can change them, no matter who you are, how you were brought up or how your family is.

My view on that changed in November 2009. My high school best friend Carolyn would have been the envy of most, I know I did. Star track athlete, honour roll student, Sunday school teacher and wonderful person in general. Her family was great, and still are. Her father was a Pastor and her mom a Nurse. I used to always copy her homework just before class because I am not a school person, I don't have the attention span for it. Not once in my life did I ever think my best friend would become a crazy alcoholic. We went our separate ways after high school, going to different schools and my family moving to the other end of the city, so we lost touch a bit. We'd see each other every so often and call. In October 2009 just a couple weeks before her birthday on November 1 she called me. She filled me in on her life about how she became crazy Anorexic and Alcoholic. She told me about how she got down to about 80 something pounds and she was like 5'7 or 5'8 on a middle distant runner athletic frame. I couldn't even try to imagine that. She told me some stories about how her drinking hurt her brothers. I couldn't believe it. That wasn't the person I grew up with or idolized. She was telling me about how she had been sent to rehab and had some psych evaluations etc. She told me how she finally got through rehab and was doing great. She was living with her boyfriend that she seemed to really care about and was really happy to turn her life back around. I could tell on the phone that she wasn't really the same person anymore and all that stuff damaged her. She asked me to come visit her and to bring Alicia because she was really happy for me and really wanted to meet her. I couldn't do it because I was too scared to see her because I knew that she wasn't the same person I knew 10 years ago, and well, it just scared me a lot. A couple weeks later her birthday passed, and then a couple weeks later mine passed by too. We always thought that's why we were such great friends, because we were 16 days apart. The weekend of my 27th birthday I went out to the club with Alicia and all my friends, only to run into some of my other high school friends. One asked me for my number and said she had to call me in the morning, I was really confused. The next morning in my inbox I get a message from another old friend informing me that Carolyn passed away suddenly 2 days after my birthday. It was the night of my birthday dinner and it's like I knew something was weird that night. She passed away from a massive seizure. I think it was from all the damage that was done to her body. I can easily say that her funeral was the most difficult day in my life thus far. It's been almost 8 months and just thinking about, talking about it, even typing it now hurts me immensely. And for now, it will always bring me to tears. I know it's something that will take me a very long time to heal from.

Do I think she deserved to pass away? Absolutely not, duh. Do I think she was a person who deserved to become an alcoholic? Absolutely not. She came from a great family and was a great person. When I told my family about it, no one could believe it.

I know I definitely went off on a tangent, but it's to elaborate my point. Yes, Lindsay Lohan deserves her jail sentence as much as anyone else guilty of such crimes. I hope she gets the help she needs. Do I think she deserves to have people jump for joy for her going to jail or that it's her fault she formed addictions? No. I think most people are forgetting that she has an actual problem and that's what really needs to be dealt with, but because she's an actress it comes off that she is spoiled, etc. Hopefully that help will come during her jail term. And hopefully, she will realize that she needs to get the help and wants it, because we all know those are the only conditions an addict needs to satisfy. Sometimes jail is what it takes to send that wakeup call.

Hopefully she can change her life around after this experience and be like DJ AM and T.I. DJ AM just before he passed away, made an MTV show that dealt with teenaged addictions and he helped a lot of kids get the help they needed. T.I. before he went in for his jail term for weapons charges, made a show about helping other kids get out of trouble and do something positive with their lives.

oh wow i didnt know about your friend's passed away from sezuire? But im also sezuire but im using medicine every morning and night they i dont get attack or collaspe if im miss medicine..And my late friend also died because missed medicine and refuse to pill and already died that days but i didnt say goodbye to my childhood friend her name is Monique Washington she is black person she been come my house on weekend for occasion and im miss her lots ever..

Back