Lockheed Martin Employee

Turyturbo

Reaction score
Greetings,

I am curious if any of you are currently working at Lockheed Martin anywhere in United States, especially in either Crystal City, VA or in Maryland. I would like to question you about some issues.

To reach me at wehttam@hotmail.com if you preferred to have it confidentially.

Regards,
TT

What kind of issues? bad issues? looking for your friend lost? I am returned from Altantis lost and know how to build UFO spaceship.

Issues:

To become a Lockheed Martin employee, you need to get a security clearance, background checked, drug tested and all those requirements and tons of forms to sign before you start to work there.

They have limited knowledge about deaf community and have some concerns about security and confidents inside the building. They feel uncomfort about arranging an interpreter for our meetings even the interpreter have level 3 security clearance. Not just that, also, about VP situation. That's why I want to ask someone who works for Lockheed Martin to see what kind of service they are provided such as interpreters, VP (video phone) communication, or any type of services.

Let me know if my clarification is enough,
TT

Yes I always love watching Stargate series all of them. My step dad had been inside Cheyenne Mountain long time ago. I don't see how deaf can be spy that concerns you? Very sensitive? And also I wonder what do you refer to jesus freak?

haha good one, starrygaze! heh! very funny..... made me laugh.... thanks for that! heh :P

Issues:

To become a Lockheed Martin employee, you need to get a security clearance, background checked, drug tested and all those requirements and tons of forms to sign before you start to work there.

They have limited knowledge about deaf community and have some concerns about security and confidents inside the building. They feel uncomfort about arranging an interpreter for our meetings even the interpreter have level 3 security clearance. Not just that, also, about VP situation. That's why I want to ask someone who works for Lockheed Martin to see what kind of service they are provided such as interpreters, VP (video phone) communication, or any type of services.

Let me know if my clarification is enough,
TT
why do u need VP there? They don't allow any cell phone inside top secret. My husband used to work at skunk world years ago so I know how it works. I remember few deaf used to work there till they retired or laid off. Good luck and hope u get job.

Both SG-1 and SGA are two of my favorite T.V. shows. Too bad about SG-1 but I understand their decision after several years of filming.

Well, I am currently working for Lockheed Martin. I am not concerning about spying like a russian guy a few years ago when he got busted. All I am wondering about is my access for better communication with my partners on development team. In my office, I have two phone numbers: One for voice only, and others for TTY. Also, I made a proposal to my manager and they are considering to purchase a software program, Dragon Naturally Speaking, for the team meetings. I was uncertain if this software will succeed.

For your curiosity, I was named Jesusfreak a few times at different location because I enjoy talking and discussing about Bible and God. Yes, that's correct. I am Christian.

TT

Jazzy,

Yes, you are correct about the top secret site. My pager is prohibitted inside there. The reason I bought up about VP there is because of networks between the distributed sites under Lockheed Martin, therefore, there are better community for deaf employees in or near Washington DC. That's what I was told. The thought I had was using the professional interpreter in that area to interpret for me after we call to that specific meeting room during our meetings through the intranent instead of internet.

Just a thought,
TT

Although I'm a Federal employee for the Dept of Navy in MD, as opposed to LM, I can somewhat relate to your issues with VP and interpreters. I've been pressing the Navy to allow me and other Navy Deafies to have a VP at my desk for the last 2 years.

Washington DC does have a couple of agencies that contract out cleared interpreters...that's an option LM has. Besides, the LAW (ADA) requires them to properly accommodate you so you can do your job. What's your job title?

Back