Lock the debate threads?

Crazymanw00t

Reaction score
I don't think MODs should lock the debate threads. Debate may cause emotional inovlements, argue, little trash talk fight, and all those are normal for under debate group.

I suggest to unlock all debates thread unless there was serious insulting or something that breaks www.AD.com's rules. I am trying to say that MOD should not lock the thread beacuse the water is boiling. I found that excuse was lame.

Any debate with my view?

I just don't like the way Strict Christians and non Christians or Flexible Christians to fight like that.
I even lost a friend because of this. I just not gonna stand by and
let somebody attack one another like that.
I want peace.

If one of mods feel that it should be locked for either temporary or permanent then by all means, they did the right thing. These topics clearly are out of control.

As for the 'water's boiling'...more or less, it's just an implication of an expression...would you rather that I just say..."thread closed and locked up"....

As for threads being locked...careful considerations were put in good use with several factors such as certain rules being either bent or broken or simply the thread was going out of control and either needs to be shut down or to allow some time for things to cool down...Also, other factors such as members being 'hurt' by such comments or expressed thoughts and feelings can also lead to threads being locked up from further postings....

When debating...one ought to be careful in the choice of words that might be otherwise considered an insult, bashing, etc...which is why Alldeaf stresses that members 'respect, respect, respect' one another...of course, debating means where members have different views and may not agree with one another in terms of the subject matter at hand, yet that don't imply that members have the right to openly ridicule one's opinionated views out in the open forum...once again, simply respecting that 'other' view without having to resort to tactics such as insulting, bashing or flaming others for their expressed views or opinions--

As for certain threads being closed/locked...I'm willing to re-open them out of consideration that members will resort to upholding the views/opinions with respect....

Hopefully this clears up the reasons why moderators make the choices to lock and close a thread...if any member have any questions pertaining to this, don't hestitate to 'pm' any one of us moderators....

Thank you!!

~RR

I sorta see "office politics" at play here as to whether or not a topic gets locked.....

I've noticed there has been two threads so far that has been locked cause of someone left the grill on fire :giggle: , I believe the Mods did what they thought it was best since the thread did heated up and insults were made toward several members, how can we debate without hurting another member here?...Think about that!...And if you don't want to see a thread being locked then think twice before hitting the sumit button afterall I know when I go over the line and when I see a thread being locked then I know what I did was wrong, you should too...

Yes i agree w/you Angel.. everytime i was coming here to check post see if any interesting.. i noticed 2 or 3 threads being locked bec of happen.. i thought this AD suppose be RESPECT and no BASHING each other also insult and hurt another member for no reason....that why i can see that. bec MODS get fed up and go head locked till cool off this way too much hand out and out of contorl so we need be careful that why MODS want see us more peace and show respect. i know it's MODS's did right thing to do locked if it's hand out it's their's job do it

Miss*Pinocchio said:
I just don't like the way Strict Christians and non Christians or Flexible Christians to fight like that.
I even lost a friend because of this. I just not gonna stand by and
let somebody attack one another like that.
I want peace.

Get over it. It's stimulating to have these debates. Gets the juices flowing. Someone said it before (I think it was Tousi) that one must develop a tough skin, and I believe that is true. You can always abandon a thread if you feel things are getting alittle too personal, or you just aren't up to debating a particular subject with someone. I've done that before. In fact, I did it yesterday.

Debates are apart of life, sweetheart. You might as well pull up a chair and enjoy the show. You can also just pick up your marbles and go home if you don't like it, too.

Neat thing is: Choice is yours.

You want everybody to be all happy, happy and like each other. Well, that's not gonna happen, because when such a diverse group of people comes together, there's bound to be friction somewhere. Happens in life, too.

Just gotta learn to deal.

I've gotten my feelings hurt before by things said, but you know what? So, what? When I've had time to think about it ( and whine to a friend or two about it), I realize that I got too immersed in one thing or another, and I need to step back.

The bottom line to all of this is ...You can't take any of this crap seriously, because, the vast majority of us really don't know each other. I know there are those that do, but, for the most part we are all strangers to one another, and does it really matter to us what we think or say?

For the most part, I would say no.

Just my two cents....
:)

Oceanbreeze said:
Get over it. It's stimulating to have these debates. Gets the juices flowing. Someone said it before (I think it was Tousi) that one must develop a tough skin, and I believe that is true. You can always abandon a thread if you feel things are getting alittle too personal, or you just aren't up to debating a particular subject with someone. I've done that before. In fact, I did it yesterday.

Debates are apart of life, sweetheart. You might as well pull up a chair and enjoy the show. You can also just pick up your marbles and go home if you don't like it, too.

Neat thing is: Choice is yours.

You want everybody to be all happy, happy and like each other. Well, that's not gonna happen, because when such a diverse group of people comes together, there's bound to be friction somewhere. Happens in life, too.

Just gotta learn to deal.

:)

:gpost:

yea i agree with Angel and LBG! they should respect here since Alex and RR say need peaceful, respect each other around here.. this is for fun, discuss and read LOT of news..

I think at least one of the threads was closed at the request of a poster and not the mods being heavy handed in any way. This was the post where somebody mentions hijacking a plane and talks of killing Muslims. Once the poster realized he had committed a crime that the feds would be interested in, he changed his tune and *probably* asked the mods to close it.

Taylor said:
I think at least one of the threads was closed at the request of a poster and not the mods being heavy handed in any way. This was the post where somebody mentions hijacking a plane and talks of killing Muslims. Once the poster realized he had committed a crime that the feds would be interested in, he changed his tune and *probably* asked the mods to close it.

i think i KNOW WHO you are referring to! :smoking:

Honestly... I think it is time for us to have two separate subforums (Spiritual and Christianity) under On-topic Debates to resolve this problem.

So you christians can discuss whatever you want... while we, spiritual people can discuss whatever we want without having to deal with yours or you have to deal ours.

Thus, the problem is solved (probability - 90%)

Magatsu said:
Honestly... I think it is time for us to have two separate subforums (Spiritual and Christianity) under On-topic Debates to resolve this problem.

So you christians can discuss whatever you want... while we, spiritual people can discuss whatever we want without having to deal with yours or you have to deal ours.

Thus, the problem is solved (probability - 90%)

Second that. Is it right word?

Back