Live cooking show with ASL

hulsw

Reaction score
Here is an interesting idea.

A live video broadcast cooking show with an ASL interpreter. The chef is Italian but she cooks in English.

The first live show will be Sunday 7:15 pm eastern time. It's a brand new website. At the bottom is a link to the broadcasts. www.DeafinitelyCooking.com

When the show is live you can type in your questions or comments. Shows will be recorded so you can watch them whenever.

(I have seen some of the 'test broadcasts' - keep your fingers crossed! )

Well....did anyone else watch it ? I did. The show was a lot better in the second half when they got better lighting on Sahara the interpreter.

You can watch it anytime now (it was recorded). I took some ASL lessons from Sahara
(the interpreter) (I am hearing), but she is way too fast for me. I know she wants comments and suggestions how to make the show better. And they are doing another live show in two weeks.

seems like a good idea, I haven't seen it but would like to-

Today will be our second episode !

We hope to have better lighting so that you can see the interpreter better.
During the live broadcast you can type in your questions and comments. We sure would like comments!

Right now we are doing this show on a budget of $ 0, but it will be fun again.

See you all tonight at 7:15 pm eastern time at Deafinitely Cooking .

If you want to watch last episode from two weeks ago, click the link for broadcast and then scroll to the bottom and find the "recorded shows" link(s).

Let us know how to make it better !

The second live show was as much fun as the first. My favorite part is getting to eat everything that Rosemarie cooked!

We had MUCH better lighting this time, so it should be a lot easier to see our interpreter Sahara.

Check it out and let us know what you think. Go to www.DEAFinitelyCooking.com, select the link to watch the broadcast, then scroll to the bottom and select the show "Chicken breasts". That's the second show (you can see the dates when originally aired on the right).

The lighting is so much better on the second one than the first.

Please let us know what you think !

The show this Sunday will again feature Rosemarie!
The recipe will be Italian Salad and "White Pizza" Sandwiches.
LIVE at 7:15 pm eastern time Sunday September 13

See you there Deafinitely Cooking

That's awesome! I'm happy to find out that we have Hell's Kitchen without so many sound effects and chef ramsay's *bleep* edits. Usually I like to watch cooking shows with my CI turned off and just enjoy the food. :)

Less than 2 hours to go before our next LIVE broadcast.

7:15 pm eastern time TONIGHT, Sunday!

Keep in mind that if you are watching LIVE, you can type in your questions or comments to us.

Go to www.deafinitelycooking.com then click the link to go to the broadcasts.

Stuff happens !

Well.. tonights show was supposed to be 7:15 pm like usual.... and at almost exactly 7:00 we lost cable internet due to the lightning storms (hey, its summer in Florida !).
Abot 7:30 we were able to switch over to dial-up so we missed the beginning of the show, but that's life !

Only hearies will notice that we had no sound from the microphone on our chef.... not sure, but we think someone forgot to turn on the wireless microphone :)
Well, things happen and that's what keeps life interesting.

The food was excellent (since I run the camera I get to eat the meals !... shush... don't tell them it was me that proabably forgot to turn on the microphone !)

That is very nice that you have some segments recorded. Thanks.

A few more hours until todays LIVE show at 7:15 pm eastern time.

Hopefully this week we will not have internet problems like last week. That's one of the risks of doing a LIVE show. Florida has a LOT of lightning storms in the summer, at least 15 per month in September. That's why we lost the internet for most of last weeks show. The limit to the quality of the video is our internet upload speed. We are willing to live with this so that we can bring the show to you LIVE. If we were pre-recording the show, we could have better video, it would just take three hours to upload a 30 minute show.

When we are live you can type in your comments or questions to us. I will see them on the laptop and read them to our chef and interpreter. We are doing this on a budget of $0 , so I think overall we are doing well for being new at this.

Sahara is going to start an email list for those people that want to be kept up with news about the show, such as schedule changes or additions. Also, we really do want to hear your comments about the show!

See you all tonight at 7:15 pm eastern at www.DeafinitelyCooking.com :ty:

Last edited:
Twitter

We have created an account on Twitter.

If you use twitter and would like to be kept informed of the show status, we are DeafinitelyCook on twitter.

We will try that and see if it is useful. Comments welcomed!

Last edited:
Marinara Tomato Sauce over Penne Pasta

Interpreter Sahara brings you tonight's LIVE cooking show - Marinara Tomato Sauce over Penne Pasta. The show begins at 7:15 pm eastern at www.DeafinitelyCooking.com

Marinara Sauce:
- garlic, chopped then sauted
- olive oil
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes

Roasted Vegetables with Rosemary
- 6 Carrots, sliced up lengthwise
- fresh Green beans
- Fresh baby brussel sprouts
- Green leek onions
- Fresh Rosemary Springs
- Bacon
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black pepper
- Lemon

1/2 lb ziti

Tonights Show, October 25.

Meatballs with traditional italian tomator sauce.

We will be LIVE at 7:15 pm eastern time tonght.

Today's show, November 1, will be with nutrionist-chef Wayne Bryan from Johnson & Wales University in Miami, Florida. Chef Bryan will be showing us how to make stuffed chicken breasts. Today, Sunday at 7:15 pm eastern time at www.DeafinitelyCooking.com

If you show up to watch the show when it is live, you can type in your questions & comments about the show, about nutrition, or about cooking. We will see you tonight!

Two weeks ago, our camera-man showed us how to make nuclear-death chicken wing sauce (habenero, scotch bonnets, jalapeno, horseradish, white pepper, black pepper and hot sauce.)

Last week Chef Colin Roche showed us how to make roasted sweet potatos with lime sauce.

Tonight, we are back with Chef Rosemarie. She will be showing us how to make Rosemary Pork and Carrot Souffle.

Join interpreter Sahara and us at www.DeafinitelyCooking.com If you can not be with us LIVE, then you can of course watch the show(s) later. But if you do make it live, please type in your comments, complaints, or questions and we will try to make time to answer them live on the show !

See you all at 7:15 pm eastern tonight !
:ty:

Tnight's episode is Chicken Scallopini with mushrooms and steamed brocolli.
The show starts promptly at 7:15 pm eastern time at www.DeafinitelyCooking.com

This week we return to the kitchen of Italian Chef Rosemarie Falcone.

Chicken Francaise tonight at 7:15pm eastern

Tonight we return to the kitchen of chef Mark. He will be showing us how to cook Chicken Francaise.

Check out our LIVE show tonight at 7:15 pm, eastern time !

Back