Listening to music really loud through headphones

kingoflondon

Reaction score
Up until a few months ago I had good hearing in one ear, and was near deaf in the other. A few months ago I lost a good deal of hearing in my good ear, so I am about 20% in one ear and 40% in the other. I can still hear well when using headphones, but only if I turn the volume up full to a level that would previously hurt my good ear. My question is whether it is safe to listen to music this loud, even though it sounds normal to me? Am I running the risk of doing more damage?

It depends on the db levels the headphones produce. Since you enjoy putting them at max, chances are it will damage your hearing over time. And since it does hurt your good ear, yeah I'd say it's damaging your ear. I don't know enough about ears to present a good case, but my feelings tell me that having loud volumes is damaging. I wish you the best.

it will most likely not be helpful to your ears. Even though it may not seem loud to you, it still will cause problems after a while. (I learned this the hard way...)

I listen to my music at an obscene volume ( or so I've been told), the way I look at it... I already have degenerative hearing loss in both ears which worsens year after year... whats a little music really going to hurt in the long run?

I have rjcon88's attitude on this issue. I figure what difference will it make in the progressive nature of my hearing loss. Might as well use my hearing as long as I have it.

Back