Liquid

LakeTahoe

Reaction score
This issue came up in my mind since Sunday night.

Our good friends went down to Virgin Island for 1 week trip. They had a great time and told me stories.

One thing they told me and I was like WTF!!

At the airport on way back I think. Female friend (I am not gonna name her) told me that she OVERHEARD a lady that owns a VERY expenisve perfume...which cost 700 DOLLARS! I said WTF?! BUT when they went to seciurty section to check before go to the gates. The guy pour out of 700 dollar prefume! I was so sick to stomach! She need to use common sense! PACK IN THE SUITCASE!!! GOD!!! YOU CAN pack liquid stuff but they HAS to be in the suitcase. I would put zip lock prevent from spills. As for purfume I wouldn't care to travel.

A female friend stuffed her chapstick (still not allow on plane) in her bra! I laughed so hard! I thought it was great idea! Cuz while traveling, my lip get dry cuz of the air changes. Good idea to stuff that in my bra! ROFL!

A female friend told me on way back, she bought purfume for her and her bf. They kept hearing NO LIQUID ON THE PLANES OR WE DUMP IN THE TRASH! I mean over and over and over like million of times and it drove everyone NUT! So a female friend and a guy friend were thinking what to do with their brand new purfumes..ahhh he got a short that has pockets on the sides...he put them in there and kept cool! SMART! ROFL!

When you go out of countries...use "white lie" because they dont' give a damn! They will toss anything related to any countries..for example..a guy friend bought 8 cuban cigars and they were in dump...he got a little pissed but accepted. But why did the guy at the store said ok. Must less than 8 cigar to take home. I was like WTF!!

Also they were not suppose to take shells or anything off the land but they hid it so well and took them home. I think they still have it.

So they said use 'white lie' from now on. I would do same because I cherish this or that for memories.

I am WONDER about baby forumla because baby get hungry and must be fed every few hours. A good friend of mine told me that she said seurcity dumped baby food in trash! The mother got pissed. How can we clam the baby? Baby don't understand to be patient.

Sooo I was thinking of POWERED forumla..I wonder if that will allowed? If I have another baby I'll be sure I'll call. But I still plan to breast feed anyway. :)

I wish that it never happened in England about a month ago. Oh, well then there won't be any strict rules at the airport/planes.

Traveler still cannot bring any drinks from resturant while waiting to board planes. Must use it up or dump them in trash. What a waste. So now I have to keep that in my mind for nearest travel plans.

They came to my house to get their dog, Pugsley that I was dogsitting for 10 days. That's how I found out those bs stories. RME!

Please NO BASHING or BS on this thread!!! Or I will report to MOD! Just stay on the topic and share the feedback for a better idea for near future travel plans.

Thank you!

I am WONDER about baby forumla because baby get hungry and must be fed every few hours.
That's why breastfeeding is best! Liquid's already there! and I do agree with you......it's beyond stupid. Before I flew to California and had some soda in my carry on, to drink.......would have been beyond pissed to have that dumped out especially since I love soda!

Yet i know and hear also see the tv news about these but the baby forumla are allow to taking into the plane after they ask the mothers to taste it in front of the secuirty people, they does to know it important for the babies who need it .. I does to understand we do not need it but it for the safetly reasons.

Ahem, it is not stupid. It was established for good reason. I found out that only need one ounce of specific liquid, usually clear in color, and one ounce of nail polish remover, once mixed them together and immersed with some sort of electric charging like flash from camera can cause KABOOM! enough power to blow up the plane! Scary!!!! What really concerns me is that since terrorist is trying to do anything and I suspect one place they would hide them.... this is getting too graphic so won't mention that.

Damn! Need only 2-one ounce of liquid just to blow up the plane... these security checkpoint don't have enough resources to check every liquid anyway, that is why it is prohibited.

That's why breastfeeding is best! Liquid's already there! and I do agree with you......it's beyond stupid. Before I flew to California and had some soda in my carry on, to drink.......would have been beyond pissed to have that dumped out especially since I love soda!

Ahem, it is not stupid. It was established for good reason. I found out that only need one ounce of specific liquid, usually clear in color, and one ounce of nail polish remover, once mixed them together and immersed with some sort of electric charging like flash from camera can cause KABOOM! enough power to blow up the plane! Scary!!!! What really concerns me is that since terrorist is trying to do anything and I suspect one place they would hide them.... this is getting too graphic so won't mention that.

Damn! Need only 2-one ounce of liquid just to blow up the plane... these security checkpoint don't have enough resources to check every liquid anyway, that is why it is prohibited.

I agree, to heck with one lousy can of cola! All those fanatics need to do is blow a tiny hole anywhere in the plane and the turbulence will do the rest! Sad fact of this changing world!

I heard that you can bring a powder formula on the plane and then the mother can mixed it while on the plance or have the steward mixed it up for the mother to feed the baby.

You cant bring the liquid formula on to the plane as its liquid... so powder formula is allowed onto the plane. they said u can give the powder forumula to steward to mix and warm it up for you.. then u can feed baby :) the bottles will have ot be empty and if it is filled. it will be emptied before you can board the plane. but i was thinking about if baby is hungry- u will have to feed the baby before you board the plane then dump the baby food in trash.
i think the suggestion for them to do is they need to stock up on baby foods for on plane so can feed in midair just enough till arrive at the destination.

yea they should do that...stock up 3 different stages and vary of food for babies needed only.

Yeah powered formlua is best way to take...better than nothing.

You cant bring the liquid formula on to the plane as its liquid... so powder formula is allowed onto the plane. they said u can give the powder forumula to steward to mix and warm it up for you.. then u can feed baby :) the bottles will have ot be empty and if it is filled. it will be emptied before you can board the plane. but i was thinking about if baby is hungry- u will have to feed the baby before you board the plane then dump the baby food in trash.
i think the suggestion for them to do is they need to stock up on baby foods for on plane so can feed in midair just enough till arrive at the destination.

That stupid throw out $700 perfume they should send it to the ups or give it to her relative or friend that way they will hold for her until she will come home to get her perfume back. What a wasting money I feel sorry for her.

Feel sorry for her? Nope, if she can afford 700 bux perfume, then she shouldn't be sorry for! I don't think she is poor for pete's sake!

That stupid throw out $700 perfume they should send it to the ups or give it to her relative or friend that way they will hold for her until she will come home to get her perfume back. What a wasting money I feel sorry for her.

I read in the newspaper that it said it is allow baby forumla, little kids can drink and also medianice (sp) too ..

My ex bf is diabetes and he already told the lady that he is diabetes cause he already called westjet to make double sure then till arrive in westjet in Hamilton, Ontario still ask that he is diabeites casue not allow to carry metal which he use needle of tips but the lady said put in the suitcase and I saw on the sign on the wall in airport said about mediciane (sp) must under 4 oz I think. till he is doing fine now back home in alberta. But he not allow to bring any of drink on the plane only can ask the lady or guy in the airport so they will give him to drink :)

I am WONDER about baby forumla because baby get hungry and must be fed every few hours. A good friend of mine told me that she said seurcity dumped baby food in trash! The mother got pissed. How can we clam the baby? Baby don't understand to be patient.

Sooo I was thinking of POWERED forumla..I wonder if that will allowed? If I have another baby I'll be sure I'll call. But I still plan to breast feed anyway. :)
LT, I never thought of this till you bring it up this topic.. thank you for bring topic "baby forumla" up on This.. You are not only person.. same with my fiancee talked me about if baby forumla allow in plane after she heard tv news that any liquids are not allow in plane?. I told her, I am not sure and just watch tv news. News, they told us that plane building allow any mothers feed baby by formula milk then throw it in trash before enter plane. I was like whoa... that what my eyes overhead from tv news..

Good topic about the "baby formula". My oldest daughter's friends went on vacation just last week. They have a very small baby, and has bottles of formula. When they asked the airline staff if they could have the flight attenedant take care of the formula, they told the mom, that they wanted her to drink from the baby bottle first to make sure that there wasn't anything illegal in the formula. I didn't know what to make of this when my daughter told me this story. I guess they were just being overprotective, but, the mom complied, drank some of the formula, found nothing wrong, and the flight attendant's took the bottles. They're not only protecting themselves, they are protecting everyone that is boarding the plane, and the crew. It's ashame it had to come to this.

I know! Use her common sense..call airline to double check what can bring and what cannot bring...that's what I did...it helped. She shoudl pack it in her suitcase and wrap it well so it won't break. GAWD!

POWDERED Forumla is allowed bring it on the plane. Bottles must be empty no matter what. The flight attendents will be happy to warm up water and fix the bottle for you for the baby to be fed.

BUT still I am wonder about food for infant and small child. They get hungry often every few hours.
LT, I never thought of this till you bring it up this topic.. thank you for bring topic "baby forumla" up on This.. You are not only person.. same with my fiancee talked me about if baby forumla allow in plane after she heard tv news that any liquids are not allow in plane?. I told her, I am not sure and just watch tv news. News, they told us that plane building allow any mothers feed baby by formula milk then throw it in trash before enter plane. I was like whoa... that what my eyes overhead from tv news..

Yeah, there's no " safe " anywhere in this world. There's none. When I took my flight to Texas, my lotion, toothpaste, small perfume, shampoo and conditioner were in my " gym " baggage. LOL I was carryin' my backpack with me with a few books in it.

Soon that I will return home -- all that will change. I will send them thru FedEx to Iowa before I fly. Less hassles for me. ;)

The way it's going I think we will all have to fly naked and have special see through suitcases so that security can check the contents more easliy soon.

Pain in the ass. And to think that there are people with enough time on their hand that they can sit and think of ingenious ways to blow people up.

I wonder if the people who fly by in the international space station ever wonder why in the hell we can't all share this huge planet of ours. It looks so beautiful from space, and yet people insist on killing each other off and then making the planet sick.

Or she could have poured the whole bottle all over herself before leaving security and stink up the whole plane! :D

Back