lips reading course

yazmin

Reaction score
Hey..
Guys i just wan to ask a question from all of you have anyone deaf of you done lips reading course ..?? is it effective to get what other saying or not..??
share with me

Last edited:
Can you tell the difference in lipreading between "vacuum" and "Fuuck you"?

That is why I don't bother with lipreading!

first went deaf i go rehabilation and given intense lessons,i found it hard but as time gone on i get about 20% of conversation it gives me bad head aches if i do it more than hour or so.i know other people get 40% of conversation or so they say...

Those who are late deafened or HOH would seem much better candidates for lip reading courses....IMO...I was fluent when I became deaf....but as you get older, headaches from the concentration takes it's toll...and I do understand my family moreso than strangers, or those with moustaches or thin-lips...or those that "mumble"....

i find it easer with family and friends i know...but as we get older i am told we lip read even if not deaf

It depend on what you're using it for. If what to be able to read lips when talking to your family and friends it will be OK. If you want to try and lips reading with people you do not know it could made some people very comfortable. I was a boarding school and we had an exchange student from Iran I had trouble understanding her and tried to lips reading and she thought I did not like her as I was looking at face the whole time. I did not know it was consider rude to look at her face when talking to her. It's not easy to read lips for too long , some people get headaches or very tried trying to read lips for long time. I will read people lips when they're too far away to hear them but I can still see their face. And some people are just impossible to read, they mumble , or have move around too much etc. To answer your question , I think you should save your money and tell people to talk a little slower so you try to read their lips.

Back