Life in Florida?

amandaraemay

Reaction score
Hey everyone :)

Just wondering how many AD members are currently living in Florida, or have lived there before. I'm thinking about making the move there from NY within the next year or so. I know the changes are going to be pretty drastic, and take lots of getting used to.

What are some pros and cons of living in Florida? What are your favorite/least favorite things? Thanks!

-Amanda

Where in FL? I've lived in Miami most of my life. Also, lived in Titusville for a short while. Florida is so big and different places can be drastically different.

Jacksonville resident!...I love Florida...the weather, (at times), it's beaches, it's tropical atmosphere, friendly people, the "hustle & bustle"....wearing shorts and sandals/flaps almost year-round. Always something to do....:wave:

I noticed that a lot of my deaf friends are moving to Florida... What's up with that?

Hey Y'all, I live in West Palm Beach, FL. I am 19 years old, Profoundly Deaf and looking to connect with the Deaf Community!

Hey Y'all, I live in West Palm Beach, FL. I am 19 years old, Profoundly Deaf and looking to connect with the Deaf Community!

You are one year older than me :D and lucky, I'm moving to Fla! But I don't know which in Fla, yet.

I am in Florida and love it. I originally moved here at age 3, left after I got married, spent 14 years in Missouri and came back to Florida. Now, I will not go anywhere else that I can see. I have lived in Central Florida while growing up, but I am here in WPB area now. Moved here at age 16.

No one here has said any cons about Florida. There is always pros and cons about each state.

Okay, here a cons. During summer, it will be HOTTEST. Rare snow! Last time I saw snow in Fla when I was little. I think 2002-2003, I am not sure.

Hurricanes..if you want to live at the coast of Florida, forget it. Florida is also the lightning capital of the US....stay indoors as much as possible. The topography is also boring....generally flat in most of the state and the highest point is only 345 feet close to Alabama stateline.

There are also alligators in swamps if they live too close by there. Don't forget Florida has LOTs of snakes, too.

Back