Letter to PepsiCo from PFH

Letter to "posts from hell" from PepsiCo

Thank you for contacting PepsiCo. We value our customer input seriously and will take your concerns with utmost concern.

If you have any questions, you may contact us at (914) 253-2000.

For questions or concerns about PepsiCo, please visit us at PepsiCo Home | PepsiCo.com

This is a post-only mailing. Replies to this message are not monitored or answered.

Thank you for contacting PepsiCo. We value our customer input seriously and will take your concerns with utmost concern.

If you have any questions, you may contact us at (914) 253-2000.

For questions or concerns about PepsiCo, please visit us at PepsiCo Home | PepsiCo.com

This is a post-only mailing. Replies to this message are not monitored or answered.

I doubt thats how the Senior Vice President of Communications will respond. :) The Director of FIFA didnt reply like that either ;)

I know the NAD wrote letters back then, too. But the more the merrier....Pepsi hearing about the issue again two years later has to be good....

You know, ever notice that AG Bad is always " rah rah rah! We don't need the "crutch" of ASL or other things like that." But they're always whining that there's not something like oral 'terps, FM devices and other things like that easily available, the way Deaf people can use 'terps.
I also love how they harp on the fact that most deaf people use spoken language as their first language. First of all, most dhh people are old or late deafened. Second of all, even if they use spoken English as their first language, it doesn't prevent them from having ASL as a second language.
Ten bucks says that the president of AG Bell is an auditory verbal "spoken language only is SO empowering!"
:roll:

I still think it's funny how I am specifically banned from any and all AGBAD events. Lol. No joke...I really am.

I hate that organization with a passion. BUT I will admit that for people who are hard of hearing, AGBAD has wonderful resources and techniques. Deaf people? They need to RUN! lol

You know, ever notice that AG Bad is always " rah rah rah! We don't need the "crutch" of ASL or other things like that." But they're always whining that there's not something like oral 'terps, FM devices and other things like that easily available, the way Deaf people can use 'terps.
I also love how they harp on the fact that most deaf people use spoken language as their first language. First of all, most dhh people are old or late deafened. Second of all, even if they use spoken English as their first language, it doesn't prevent them from having ASL as a second language.
Ten bucks says that the president of AG Bell is an auditory verbal "spoken language only is SO empowering!"
:roll:

Ten bucks says any old born deaf people who read this post are now baring their yellowing old fangs menacingly at you.

And that they all have fabulous vocabularies from their hovering helicopter parents.:wave:

I still think it's funny how I am specifically banned from any and all AGBAD events. Lol. No joke...I really am.

I hate that organization with a passion. BUT I will admit that for people who are hard of hearing, AGBAD has wonderful resources and techniques. Deaf people? They need to RUN! lol

what stunt did you pull to achieve this?

I hate that organization with a passion. BUT I will admit that for people who are hard of hearing, AGBAD has wonderful resources and techniques.
You ARE? Why? That's awesome actually! I went to a conference for hoh kids, and two of the "hoh" kids were the stereotypical AG BAD overacheivers. (I want to go to an Ivy League School in ten years....and no it wasn't matajan speaking) and the unspoken attitude was that speech, speech and more speech was the Best Thing in the World.....and deafbaja I think you're saying that AG Bad is OK for the hoh folks who don't identify with ASL and Deaf culture....there are TONS and TONS of hoh as kids who identify strongly as Deaf!

Carol Padden and Tom Humpheries did a great job on describing what "deaf" means - and the fact it's possible for a person with moderate to severe hearing loss to act more "deaf" than a profoundly "deaf" person. lol

In this case, I was referring to people who have a lot of use of their hearing - whether they are culturally deaf or not...AGBAD has good techniques on how to use auditory training and to use phonics to teach reading. (I have to admit...it kills me to admit this. LOL) Seriously, it's good stuff. But for a person, especially a child, who is profoundly deaf, the results are not always positive. There are a few of us who were exceptions to that, but only a few. Some of the techniques were downright barbaric even. I shudder to even try to remember some of my experiences.

PFH, they begged me for months to do a speech on my experiences as an oral deaf child. I finally agreed to do it and at one of their conferences, I did just that.

Apparently telling the audience that"oral deaf education is a legal form of child abuse" wasn't in their agenda...oops.

PFH, that is a great letter you have written and that's a well built up letter to PepsiCo. I hope that they will reply back with something good to say. I do still remember that commerical from that day.

Carol Padden and Tom Humpheries did a great job on describing what "deaf" means - and the fact it's possible for a person with moderate to severe hearing loss to act more "deaf" than a profoundly "deaf" person. lol

In this case, I was referring to people who have a lot of use of their hearing - whether they are culturally deaf or not...AGBAD has good techniques on how to use auditory training and to use phonics to teach reading. (I have to admit...it kills me to admit this. LOL) Seriously, it's good stuff. But for a person, especially a child, who is profoundly deaf, the results are not always positive. There are a few of us who were exceptions to that, but only a few. Some of the techniques were downright barbaric even. I shudder to even try to remember some of my experiences.

PFH, they begged me for months to do a speech on my experiences as an oral deaf child. I finally agreed to do it and at one of their conferences, I did just that.

Apparently telling the audience that"oral deaf education is a legal form of child abuse" wasn't in their agenda...oops.

I watched the PBS documentary over a month ago...("deaf in america"?) and yeah oral deaf education looked very harsh. Never really saw it until then. I mean I have heard about deaf people learning to speak, but wow the techniques looks just so ..tedious.

I think AGB might have been one of the founders of NG way back when but I don't think there's been any affiliation for a long time now. But I could be wrong....

hmmm

AGB himself was who morphed NG from dry text to picture and such. Funny irony if you think about it.. he knew visual was the way to convey information..

I'll check into seeing if they actually own it or not. AGB is one sly company, they dont even have their fiscal information online, don't share much info, etc... I havent researched into them much ,and i should start now.

I am told his father in law, Hubbard was going to close down National Geographic magazine due to low subscribers. NG magazine was very dull at the time. His daughter, Mabel suggested putting photographs in the magazines would draw more readers to purchase NG magazines. I don't know if that is true or not. NGS owns NG magazine. NewsCorps and NGS jointly own NG channel.

wow, I didn't know this about NG, :ty:for that-

I thought that was a good letter, PFH, and hope something comes of it!

new Superbowl ad-:D

I've been on the AGB site, looked at some of their other stuff and didn't find it very useful for me and disagreed personally with much of it.

Great letter, PFH.

When AGBad sent that letter to Pepsi during that time, I wrote to Pepsi and AGBad. Never got a reply from either of them but it is always good to have more letters written.

DBG, way to go!!!

Great letter, PFH. I sent one out at the time of the controversy, but can't find a copy. I posted it in the old thread.

Back