letter to my state legislature on the DCBR act

bbaseballboy123

Reaction score
My state is in the process of voting for the deaf chill bill of rights.
The purpose of the bill is to give the nessecary needs of deaf children in the state of connecticut. About 80% of the deaf students in connecticut do not meet the "passing" score, therefore, clearly, need an improvement in it's education

Thedeafkid - Home

(sorry for shitty layout on the site, still working on it)

And most of those kids are mainstreamed.....gee something wrong there? I don't think CT has regional programs right?

I doubt CT has any regional programs for the deaf besides Weathersfield.
The main reason why the scores are so low for the deaf is because the educators are not highly qualified. As someone like me, I passed the test very easy, and that's probably because I got a high qualified teacher for the deaf.

Btw i redid my site so its not up at the moment

I doubt CT has any regional programs for the deaf besides Weathersfield.
The main reason why the scores are so low for the deaf is because the educators are not highly qualified. As someone like me, I passed the test very easy, and that's probably because I got a high qualified teacher for the deaf.

Btw i redid my site so its not up at the moment

I strongly disagree with that. The reason you're doing well is b/c you're the type of student who only needs minimal accomondations. You would do well under a TOD who only has minimal accomondations training....Other kids are different, like they get lumped in with the kids who are in sped b/c its a dumping ground, or they don't get the services they need.
You're actually the type of student who prolly would have done well even before 1974. (the law that encouraged mainstreaming)

Back