letter to family

I just noticed this is on topic debates. This is all off topic. I can too tell what the topic of a conversation is! :nana:

Plus I love being helpful.

Yes, I would read something written by Hilter because it would give me an insight to his way of thinking and why the Holocaust happened. The mind works in mysterious ways so it can be fascinating.

I'd do something similar. I haven't read Mien Kampf simply because it doesn't interest me that much. I do think that I should read it one day.

I've read some works by people whose philosophy I loathed. I hate Objectivism because it's quite opposite to nearly everything that I believe in. I loathe Ayn Rand but I've read her series of essays in a collection called The Voice of Reason. I have the copy somewhere in my apt.

I'd do something similar. I haven't read Mien Kampf simply because it doesn't interest me that much. I do think that I should read it one day.

I've read some works by people whose philosophy I loathed. I hate Objectivism because it's quite opposite to nearly everything that I believe in. I loathe Ayn Rand but I've read her series of essays in a collection called The Voice of Reason. I have the copy somewhere in my apt.

Until we investigate the other side, we have no basis on which to form our own opinions. There is no conviction, because one has no idea of the other perspectives. Once one has investigated all perspectives, one can then form the conviction to their own particular perspective, because they have a comparison base from which to logically determine their position.

one of my friends, an elderly Jewish Israeli lady, retired physician - she says - know your "enemy".

both of my husband's parents suffered before they died, one for several hours, one for a week. MIL had in-home hospice care and directive to "pull the plug".

one of my friends, an elderly Jewish Israeli lady, retired physician - she says - know your "enemy".

both of my husband's parents suffered before they died, one for several hours, one for a week. MIL had in-home hospice care and directive to "pull the plug".

That is excellent advise. Too many don't recognize it.

Instead of euthanasia, why not have an option for unlimited opiates (within some reason) when you have been diagnosed as terminal? Is this a good time to "Just Say No" when the pain from disease becomes extreme? I never figured that one out. "First, we gotta keep them living. Then, we keep the pain meds out of reach."

WTF is wrong with this picture???

Instead of euthanasia, why not have an option for unlimited opiates (within some reason) when you have been diagnosed as terminal? Is this a good time to "Just Say No" when the pain from disease becomes extreme? I never figured that one out. "First, we gotta keep them living. Then, we keep the pain meds out of reach."

WTF is wrong with this picture???

That is really very interesting. It has been shown, in areas where PAS is legal, that the first request for PAS from a terminal patient results in the physician increasing the level of pain control being used, and when this happens, the second request is never made, and therefore, PAS is not completed. It would seem that the extreme measure of just requesting PAS wakes the physician up to the fact that the patient is experiencing undue pain, and they are not exaggerating. PAS has been shown in a number of studies to increase the level of palliative care and make patients comfortable to the point that they no longer see suicide as an option.

Back