Let me get this straight...

TiaraPrincess said:
Okay, I am currently looking that up. What other choice could you have had to control your high blood pressure? I am just curious because between blood pressure control and hearing loss...what would you have chosen? What else could you have done?
Simple, Reject it and wait till what happens. I might not had a heart attack but you never know. Well,,Ill let the jury decide what should be done.

Steve,
Do you know in fact that the medication is what caused it? Are you positive that the hearing loss is permanent? Are you currently still on the medication and what steps are you taking to reduce it on your own. I've known plenty of people who have had conditions such as high blood pressure or diabetes. A lot of it can be managed. For example, are you overweight? If so, that would be an underlying cause of high blood pressure. If you are, have you taken steps to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle?
20 to 30 min brisk walk can do wonders.

My father in law suffers from diabetes, yet a few modifications to his diet has worked wonders. He's actually healthier now at the age of 65 than he has been in years.

I'm also not too sure how far you would get with a lawsuit against the doctor. Looking at a few websites, I don't see hearing loss as a side effect of that particular medication. Keep in mind that I only looked at 7 or 8 sites and I am just missing it. If your doctor wasn't negligent, it may be difficult to convince a jury that he is responsible for your hearing loss.

I'd also have a talk with another doctor about it. Perhaps this won't effect you for the rest of your life. Has a doctor told you the specific cause of the deafness. I mean besides its a side effect of the drug, but give you an actual physical reason for the hearing loss?

If I may respond to the comments about why bad things happen to good people, just think about this... Jesus was an innocent man. He was the ultimate GOOD man. Look what He went through and how He responded. Just think about that. I have alcoholism, (I am in recovery for a long time now!), and had some of the same feelings of "why me?" Maybe try to ask your God to show you what your purpose is for this. Sometimes I ask God to make it VERY CLEAR what He wants me to do. When you do this in earnest, amazing things can happen. I am not saying your hearing is going to come back, or even that you will be happy about being deaf, but you will see a purpose for yourself and come to terms with it.

I know ravensteve, but if you remain stubborn and not open to allow God to show you why, then you're not going to be happy. You're going to be stubborn and your own way miserable.

There are days that it just sucks for me, but am I going to be mad at Jesus because I'd rather be hearing and no other way? Forget it, no. God won't give in to my way.

There's plenty of people who were happy as hearing people, but they have accepted it eventually and are happy. They even had the choice of an implant, which can show God's glory and goodness to your life. It shows that anyone can get over it....ahem, accept that it happened. You're the only one keeping yourself miserable and only seeing one way to your life's happiness. It's hard to understand, but it's your choice to ask The Man Upstairs.

ravensteve1961 said:
I dont think so.Im not happy being deaf. I was happy as a hearing person.

Being Deaf isn't so bad, it alot better than being blind afterall you wouldn't be able to see how beautiful the world is today.....

You should just accept the fact that you can not hear, there's nothing you can really do about it....Who said life is that simple?...

True, I´m with you, Angel.

Interesting is: I met some blinds in England. They questioned me how I feel being deaf.

I replied: It doesn´t bother me really. Why?
Their replied: "I can´t image to live without hear anything like bird singing, kids voice etc."
I said to them: I can´t image to live without see everything color, see kids face, etc.
They said that they are happy to being blind than being deaf but I told them that I´m happy to being deaf than blind. :dunno:

ravensteve1961 said:
I dont think so.Im not happy being deaf. I was happy as a hearing person.

Of course, you are not happy being deaf. It is all new to you. It was a major shock for you. I cannot imagine what it is like but I can only imagine that it was a shock. I would be in shock if I lost a limb or my sight. However, it will take time to adjust and you will eventually see it as a blessing in disguise.

I doubt that you will get much sympathy here for your anger at being deaf. I m sure that you will find a support group elsewhere who have endured what you have and all of you can relate to each other.

Please do find that kind of support and reassure you that you are not alone. They can provide you so much information as they have been in same boat as you.

It's true. I can't imagine picking blindess over deafness. I can't imagine not seeing cute guys, my outfits, driving a car, preparing my own meal, having any job I want,etc, etc. When you're blind, you will have to endure some other hardships like deafness. They are just different ways of dealing.

I know how you feel. But God made you deaf. It is Gods dicision. He makes people deaf for a reason. I believe the reason why is that everybody can't be the same. If everyone were hearing, if everyone were sighted, then guess what, there would be even more ignorance and prejudice. Because they expect you to be like them since you are like them. But what if something were to happen to you and everyone is the same but you. People would look at you like you're stupid. Let's put it this way, you are extra special to God. That's why he made you a little different than everybody else. That's the way to look at it.

Like I said, not everybody can be the same. The world would be boring and there would be no love in the world if there were no differences/disabilities. Like someone said here, you can't compare blind to deaf. But they're both differences, right? That's what makes the world more full of love. Differences. God made you deaf for a reason.

Just like GOD made rush limbaugh deaf so hopefuly he`ll shut up about his conservitive views. Just like im very conservitive. And i was preaching to just about everyone to throw out the democrats.Democrats just take our taxes and spend it and raise taxes again. I got no saying about it except try to change america. GOD for some reason wants america as a liberal nation. And im not happy with a liberal nation. Wanna live in a liberal nation? Move yout fat arse up to canada. God Did punish rush limbaugh the proof Here

Back