Lentil Soup, anyone?

Hwy99

Reaction score
I love the Lentil soup, it's so good! Do you like the Lentil soup?

I enjoy a lentil concoction which is cooked lentils thrown into a pan of vegetables fried with olive oil. Only thing is, though, I put a bit of mayonnaise into it. Yup I'm weird, lol.
And don't forget the soybeans for protein. :)

I make a soup with dried lentils, onion, tomatoes, rice, and beef broth. Very good, especially on a cold winter day!

Jillio's recipe sounds good. My older daughter is a vegetarian though, and made lentil soup once when I visited her.

Without a beef broth base, it tasted overwhelmingly of tomatoes.

I am a carnivore for sure.:hmm:

I enjoy a lentil concoction which is cooked lentils thrown into a pan of vegetables fried with olive oil. Only thing is, though, I put a bit of mayonnaise into it. Yup I'm weird, lol.
And don't forget the soybeans for protein. :)

Mixing with olive oil sounds good :) I don't know about the mayonnaise :lol: Sounds sweet, though ;)

I make a soup with dried lentils, onion, tomatoes, rice, and beef broth. Very good, especially on a cold winter day!

This sounds good!

I also sometimes mix it with the soy sauce or the vingears too, it taste so good and tastefully.

My MIL do homemade with dried lentil as soup like what Jillio described here. My hubby loves it except me and my boys... :barf: It's too late for my poor hubby to get MIL's Lentil soup reciepe that he can cook his own because my MIL passed away.

can you come over and cook for me, jillio? <giggle>

Actually, I love to cook. I just don't have as much time for it as I would like, so I tend to adjust recipes so I can do them in the crock pot, or I will cook a lot and freeze in portions on my days off. I find cooking to be relaxing and therapeutic. And, I would love to cook you dinner sometime!

Mixing with olive oil sounds good :) I don't know about the mayonnaise :lol: Sounds sweet, though ;)

This sounds good!

I also sometimes mix it with the soy sauce or the vingears too, it taste so good and tastefully.

Yes. Try putting a Tablespoon or two of balsamic vinegar in and let it cook slowly. Very good!

Actually, I love to cook. I just don't have as much time for it as I would like, so I tend to adjust recipes so I can do them in the crock pot, or I will cook a lot and freeze in portions on my days off. I find cooking to be relaxing and therapeutic. And, I would love to cook you dinner sometime!

cool! :cool2:

i like doing the same after a long day of classes. it's nice being able to come home to a hot meal that has been brewing in a crock pot.

i also love to cook and find it therapeutic. i find that it helps lift my depression as well. the only thing i need to be careful of is not cooking when i'm manic. when i'm in a manic state, i cook waaay too much and end up wasting food. :lol:

Back