Legend of the Seeker

dead money

Reaction score
I totally agree! I've read Wizard's First Rule 5 times already. I probably will read it again soon with the audio CDs that I got (although the speaker speaks a little bit too slow for my taste).

I stopped at Blood of the Fold. A friend of mine braved the entire series, and she says the same thing. The only thing she enjoys is how Terry Goodkind writes.

For those who don't know, if you enjoy Harry Potter, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings, you'll LOVE this book. :) Not much of fantasy characters...except Blood Gars (stay away from those Short-tailed ones!) and the Red Dragon. But there's similar themes...good vs. evil.

I loved the whole kid leaving with the geller doll while geller was maliciously tortured lol. That was an intense page-turning section.

Does anyone else here watch it? It's based on "Sword of Truth" books, which are my favorite series.

However, I'm so disappointed with the captioning, it's like a whole 3 or 4 sec delay in the captioning as if it's live show. To me, that suck balls.

Anyone else have that?

I didn't even know about it. I hope I can find it and watch it.

I didn't even know about it. I hope I can find it and watch it.

It's on WGN America Channel.

I've watched about 1/2 hour of it, and I am already SO disappointed. While I understand that the book is pretty much always better than the shows/movies, but I expected a LOT more than this. For example:

In the book: Kahlan does NOT revel that she's a Confessor until later in the book. Kahlan doesn't even know the "The Great Wizard"'s name until later in the book because of the magic protecting anyone knowing his name in Midland, so instead he was known as "The Great Wizard".

Also, the book is NOT given to Kahlan to give to Richard! Richard MEMORIZES the entire book...it just does not make any sense at all...feels too rushed at revealing everything all at once. This is a mini-series, so take the TIME to reveal some of these things. I think many will agree with me that the first 3 or 4 books of Sword of Truth series were good, but then it kind of "dies" after that...same old crap...(even though I haven't read anything further than that). It was just the details that was acted in a totally different way than the book. It's not like it would take a longer time to film, they can just film the same, but the dialog with the information is totally wrong. :-(

At least now I know how "Kahlan" and Zedd's full name pronouncation! I have always thought it was pronounced, "Kay-lan", not "Ka-Len" (sharp A sound).

I loved the first 3 Terry Goodkind books but they kept the story going to the point where i was like "this is endless" argh. I stopped at "temple of the winds"

But "Wizards first rule" was AWESOME.

I loved the first 3 Terry Goodkind books but they kept the story going to the point where i was like "this is endless" argh. I stopped at "temple of the winds"

But "Wizards first rule" was AWESOME.

I totally agree! I've read Wizard's First Rule 5 times already. I probably will read it again soon with the audio CDs that I got (although the speaker speaks a little bit too slow for my taste).

I stopped at Blood of the Fold. A friend of mine braved the entire series, and she says the same thing. The only thing she enjoys is how Terry Goodkind writes.

For those who don't know, if you enjoy Harry Potter, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings, you'll LOVE this book. :) Not much of fantasy characters...except Blood Gars (stay away from those Short-tailed ones!) and the Red Dragon. But there's similar themes...good vs. evil.

11-14-1982, 03:12 AM

I brought a thread from 1982 back to life !!!

This thread is 30 years old

Vote for me!

11-14-1982, 03:12 AM (Look at The First post)

Did the Internet exist in 1982?
How weird is that!!?? lol I wonder how that happened. And no it absolutely didn't exist then::laugh2:

Back