learning the art of sign language.

MostDeaf.com

Reaction score
Hey there,
I am hearing and I have run into quite a few instances in my life where knowing sing language would have come in handy. <--(no pun intended :giggle: )

Are there any easy to follow instructional DVD's that teach basic sign language?

I've always been intrigued by the art since I was a little kid. I just want to learn to have a small convo...or help someone if they need help....etc.

Thanks!~

I'm hearing also & learned sign language mostly from my wife (who is deaf) also learned from books (a good one is called "The Joy Of Sign Language) & a CD Rom I got from Wal-Mart. Be a good start for ya:)

Hey there,
I am hearing and I have run into quite a few instances in my life where knowing sing language would have come in handy. <--(no pun intended :giggle: )

Are there any easy to follow instructional DVD's that teach basic sign language?

I've always been intrigued by the art since I was a little kid. I just want to learn to have a small convo...or help someone if they need help....etc.

Thanks!~

FWIW, I just purchased "The Joy of Signing: The Illustrated Guide for Mastering Sign Language and the Manual Alphabet" (Hardcover) by Lottie L. Riekehof too. It appears to be a well written/organized book.

Dave

Hello!

If you are wanting to learn it from on-line, You can check it up on ASLPro.com Home That site has alot of basic sign languages for the beginners. Happy Endeavoring! ;)

As for the DVD - I am not sure where to find that, perhaps another member here in AD can help out as well or googling it too?

After you learn from the book, go meeting other deaf people to pick up things a bit. If you are serious, you ll know sign language in no time by sixth month.

You can also try Harris Communications. They have several DVD's on sign language and great sign language books to follow too. Good luck with your achievement in learning to sign. You're going to have fun learning, and a great time in communicating once you have starting using it more and more.

Back