Learning ASL!!!!!!!!!

delylaflowerz

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Asia and currently I am learning ASL. I am a hearing person and I don't know any deaf people. In school we have to read books about deaf people, but we don't get the opportunity to communicate with people from the deaf community.

I wish i could sign as fast as the people i see in videos. I feel as if i will never get to that level. I guess practice practice practice. When I sign in class, I feel as if people don't understand what I am saying. Its a little annnoying. However I am still learning.

Anyhow, please be patient with me. Hope to hear from someone soon. :wave:

The ability to sign tends to come faster than the ability to understand sign so it's likely that your fellow students don't understand unless you sign slower. It's not you! :)

hey welcome to all-deaf. if you are looking for someone to practice with I'm always up for it.

Do you have skype?

I have oovoo alligator123001. I also have skype but I forgot my name so ulus have to give me urs.

Learning ASL

Hey Asia,
My Name is susan. I am also in an ASL class. I know what you mean about trying to understand, I'm just catching on to what the first word is and they have already said a few more. Let's try to help each other out.
Wheeler

Hi Everyone. I am new to AllDeaf.com. I am in the same situation. I would like to learn how to sign in ASL. I learned it for one semester and absolutely love it. I am located in the bay area and would like to know about classes offered here. I would really appreciate it if anyone can give me some ideas/suggestions. Thank you so much!

Back