Leak!

plasticdinosaur

Reaction score
Our ceiling is leaking. Pooooooop. Three leaks in the bathroom, enough to fill a bucket every two hours or so, and one in the bedroom, fills a big drinking glass every 45minutes. It's almost midnight. What do we do? :shock: Uuurg, hate this!

It's raining, huh?...Probably won't rain all night....find some big plastic bins for the bathroom, and a big bucket for the bedroom...set ur alarm for early AM...and call a roofer (if ya own the house)...

I recently moved into my current house a year and half ago, and it is the leakiest place I've ever lived in! The house came with a hot tub, and that's had problems several times already. The master bedroom's shower is a leaky mess which caused us to have to rip a hole into the ceiling below the bathroom and replace a bunch of things...twice. The guest shower also leaked, but that's been fixed with some caulking. On top of that, the kitchen sink drain leaked into the tool room in the basement!

:rl: That's how I feel about it some days!

Our ceiling is leaking. Pooooooop. Three leaks in the bathroom, enough to fill a bucket every two hours or so, and one in the bedroom, fills a big drinking glass every 45minutes. It's almost midnight. What do we do? :shock: Uuurg, hate this!

It's leaking poop? Yuck! That's gross! Do you live in an apartment or in your own home? If you live in an apartment then it is the landlord's responsibility to get the ceiling fixed by someone. In the meanwhile, put a huge plastic sheet over your bed if the leaks are over your bed. If they're not over your bed, put three buckets under the leaks.

:barf:

If you have snow on your roof have it removed as soon as you can!
Maybe you should have the fire department check out your house to made sure it safe to to keep your power on and that ceiling won't fall on you!

No, it's not leaking poop, lol, it was an exclamation of panic... We have three leaks in the bathroom and one in the bed room, it's not over either of our beds though. We're on the top floor of our building, and we called building maintenance on Friday. They still haven't shown up... We couldn't turn the power off it we wanted to, we don't have a key to the box. :: Sigh. :: Stupid top floor, it kinda makes a pool up there too, it's like, a little enclosed balcony thing above us with a stone border thing. For decoration, not to stand on. In other words, perfect for trapping water!

No, it's not leaking poop, lol, it was an exclamation of panic... We have three leaks in the bathroom and one in the bed room, it's not over either of our beds though. We're on the top floor of our building, and we called building maintenance on Friday. They still haven't shown up... We couldn't turn the power off it we wanted to, we don't have a key to the box. :: Sigh. :: Stupid top floor, it kinda makes a pool up there too, it's like, a little enclosed balcony thing above us with a stone border thing. For decoration, not to stand on. In other words, perfect for trapping water!

I would try to look up tenants rights on line and see if you can find some agency to call! I would call the fire department ! I did that when my condo manger told me I had to wait for all the snow to melt of my roof before they could help me! I own my condo out right and there was no way I was going to sit and wait for my ceiling to get worst like my condo manger wanted me to! The fire department told my condo manger "he had to remove the snow off my roof!" It as done the next day!!

Thank goodness it's not poop! That would be very gross!

Just shut off the valve under the water tank if it is a toilet leak.

Oh boy, you said it's from top roof. Yike! It could be a toilet/sink vent pipe outside that could be a leak. Probably painting the tarp (water-proof) around the vent pipe on the roof. I hope that it's the answer.

you ask departmet to service maitnece house safe reason neat, you should be tell landlord should check it not good gross you ask guy person expert

I recently moved into my current house a year and half ago, and it is the leakiest place I've ever lived in! The house came with a hot tub, and that's had problems several times already. The master bedroom's shower is a leaky mess which caused us to have to rip a hole into the ceiling below the bathroom and replace a bunch of things...twice. The guest shower also leaked, but that's been fixed with some caulking. On top of that, the kitchen sink drain leaked into the tool room in the basement!

:rl: That's how I feel about it some days!

I love your puppy!

Thanks! His name is Tucker Boo, and he's a German Shepherd. :) He actually just turned 1 year old a few weeks ago, so he looks a LOT different now. The picture in my avatar is from when we first got him :)

He is so adorable! So cute!!!

Back